Bowl predictions and preferences

He bounces it, he bounces it

2 Likes

Itā€™s better in Boise!

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t be at all surprised to see us go to Boise.

3 Likes

Itā€™s practically written in the stars we will.

1. Cool trophy (Chuck approves!)
  2. Famous Idaho bowl +our soon to be famous Amos rushes for 209 yards=win win.
  3. MAC tie in.
1 Like

I think it depends on our final record.
If we run the table and beat Toledo, then ESPN may choose us for a better bowl.

1 Like

Selfishly, I donā€™t want to see us play in Idaho because it looks like Bengals @ Steelers will be on national TV at the same time. Donā€™t think weā€™ll get any attention

1 Like

Itā€™s not really my preference, either, but we have never been sent out there and it sorta feels like our number is upā€¦I dunno.

Like Nescadad, selfishly I would prefer a spot in the SE so I might be able to attend, plus I think itā€™d be more fun for the players and coaches. I would also enjoy a match up against JMU.

1 Like

James Madison could be ranked if we get the chance to play them. 2012 Ohio is our last ranked win, right?

Is our list of ranked wins this century just 2012 Ohio, 2010 NIU, and 2003 Bowling Green (x2)? I know 2020 Ball St ended up finishing the year in the rankings, but they werenā€™t ranked when we played.

2 Likes

Yes, in 2003, BG was ranked both times we played themā€¦#15 during regular season and #20 at the MACC. Louisville was 9-3 in regular season before we defeated them in the GMAC , but they werenā€™t ranked. I suspect that they may have been receiving a few votes and it was a very good team.

Can the league just pick Mobile AL whatever you call it as the champsā€™ bowl and be done with it?

It kinda used to be that way, but now we are part of an ESPN pool (of G5 conferences) for some of the bowl games including the Mobile Bowl so there is no guarantee that a MAC team will end up thereā€¦at the same time I have seen 2-3 bowl slot projections w a MAC team penciled in and one was Miami

Saw a couple more bowl predictions today, and again keep seeing us projected for that Barstool Arizona Bowlā€¦why is that? It wouldnā€™t seem like that would be a desirable bowl given the lack of real TV coverageā€¦why so many prognosticators slotting us there?

1 Like

Theyā€™re all just randomly throwing spaghetti at the wall to see if any sticks. None of them have any inside info this early.

2 Likes

I completely get why the New Orleans Bowl is Sun Belt vs. C-USA, but I would love if we somehow got a game there some day. Maybe a home-and-home with Tulane at some point.

Among the MACā€™s possible bowl cities Iā€™d like Boca since Iā€™ll be in the Canadian Maritimes for work the week before bowl season starts so a beach will be lovely.

1 Like

If we go to the Barstool Bowl, be prepared for 3 hours of reminders that weā€™re not the real Miami, but weā€™re still a good party school. As you watch from your laptop.

1 Like

Ugh

Surely if we are MAC East title holder we can find a way to stay out of this one bowl gameā€¦sound like even Boise or Montgomery would both be better than the BarStool.

I am still holding out hope for the 68 Ventures, Boca, or Myrtle Beach bowls.

1 Like

I think Iā€™d prefer the Poulan Weedeater Bowl over that

Portnoy is a shithead but there is no denying how popular Barstool is and it isnā€™t going to stop. They will treat that bowlgame like the Super Bowl while ESPN might mention whatever game we do get if they have time debating whether the Cowboys are Super Bowl contenders.

3 Likes

ESPNā€™s two prognosticators updated their bowl picks and one has us in Boise to play Fresno State, and the other has us in Barstool vs. Boise State.