Bowl predictions and preferences

We were slight favorites (-2) against UNT.

2 Likes

The whole playing closer to New Year’s doesn’t matter as much anymore since ESPN took over many of the bowl games. Outside of the playoff, I think one should just hope for a good matchup, which this is. But now, especially with the transfer portal and the playoff, the other bowl games have gone back in the direction of their original intent which was exhibition games hoping to attract travelers to warmer climates during the winter.

I like playing in 2 weeks. It can be treated as a bye week then a game week. I expect both teams to play better than they would if they had to wait another 2 weeks and after Christmas. And really, with bowl activities starting in 9 days, I suspect the gameplan will go in this week with harder practices so the team can enjoy next week as they should.

1 Like

Practically speaking, it’s nice to play later in bowl season since the team gets more practice time (and it reduces the chances that Chuck is hired away if he gets serious interest from a big program but is unwilling to leave until after the bowl).

App State isn’t the sexiest possible opponent, but it is a bigger name among G5 schools, it’s on a weekend, it’s in a big tourist location with a ton of flights, and we play on ABC. And while I’m unable to make it to Orlando, at least it’s at a time I’ll be able to watch in full. Let’s smash these dudes and finish 12-2.

1 Like

Already down to 4.5. Everyone loves us.

I was wrong #bad memory! But…How can we be a favorite in Dallas when that was/is their backyard?

I saw that Boise hired Danielson to be the head coach. Mr. Myagi (RIP) would be proud of this news.

I’m glad Troy and JMU weren’t in our holiday stocking. Not for the reasons you imply.