Bowl predictions and preferences

That would be a great match up, Blues!
P.S. has anyone seen ESPN’S updated projections this morning?

1 Like

Sporting News has us in the Camellia Bowl vs,
Appy State, but they have Toledo in the Quick Lane…I’d be surprised if they don’t do better than going back to Detroit again.

I’d love to play the Green Weenies (grew up in NOLA but can’t stand them). But from a practical POV, don’t we want 1) the most financially beneficial bowl payout and 2) a game scheduled as far in the future to get more practices?

1 Like

Bowl RUMORS: EMU to The Bahamas Bowl (played in US) OR Toastery Bowl
BG to The Quick Lane Bowl
Ohio to The Potato Bowl OR Toastery Bowl
Miami to the Boca Raton Bowl OR Barstool Bowl
Toledo to Barstool Bowl OR Cure Bowl
NIU to Camellia Bowl OR The Bahamas Bowl #MACtion

1 Like

If this does not happen there will be consequences!!

One guy has us in quick lane v Minnesota, the other in Barstool v Fresno St.

One of ESPN prognosticators has us in the Quick Lane versus Minnesota. The other in the Barstool versus Fresno State.
I’m not really a fan of either

1 Like

Why would we accept a Cure Bowl invite? It’s in now less than two weeks. You get, what, 15 practices when you go to a bowl and we would only get ten max. That’s too quick of a turnaround for a champion as we are and Ohio U hasn’t been in over half a century.

1 Like

What’s your ideal (but realistic) bowl game and match up you’d like to see, Sackman?

Barstool. We’d play a big name from out West. It’s one of the last games and is standalone. It is on national TV now. The platform targets a demographic that actually matters (sorry but 90% of us here do not matter anymore).

1 Like

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see us end up there vs. UNLV or Fresno State. If we can’t get a G5 conference champ lined up to play, I also wouldn’t mind Appy State as an potential opponent, but that might be in a bowl back in the SE.

So when can we expect to hear our bowl?

Damnit! I was hoping for Washington in the Rose Bowl. Planning to be in California for New Years. Huskies going to New Orleans instead.

Still waiting to hear about Miami.

Around 2:30pm I think.

As of his latest update 40 minutes ago, McMurphy still has us in Orlando for the Cure Bowl. It’s interesting that we’d be in such an early game as a conference champ (13 days away) but I trust his sources way more than the other “experts” who just seemingly randomly place teams when projecting games outside of the NY6 bowls (especially G5 teams).

I’m seeing a lot of boca raton projections lately

Yes, Boca, because they don’t want to face the wrath of Bluesman!!

1 Like

Give us Liberty, SMU, Tulane or James Madison.

Give me Tulane in Boca or give me death!

I’m hoping for a 7-seed with an overrated 2-second as a potential second round opponent.

(I like forward to one day having a reason to copy and paste that message in March in the hopefully not-too-distant future.)

2 Likes