Big day for track & field &field hockey& hockey

Last year Miami was up 2-1 with one minute to go and ended up losing to top 4 Michigan in the second round…two back to back brutal endings

1 Like

I sure hope Puzo gets a full and thorough explanation on the ruling, if not Miami needs to be filing a complaint/protest.

3 Likes

This is the exact opposite of Breaking 2 (Electric Boogaloo). Instead of saving the teen center, it burned down.

I have now watched two field hockey games in my life and both have ended in awful fashion for Miami. I will make it a point not to watch next year.

2 Likes

Is there confirmation that that’s what the call was? I haven’t seen anything saying that. Also, rewatching the replay in slow motion and 1) I don’t think she played it high on the stick; and 2) There’s no way there’s video evidence to make that call even if she did play it high on the stick.

2 Likes

I’ve done some digging and I haven’t been able to find what the actual call was on the final shot. Even the Northwestern student newspaper doesn’t seem to know what the call was. Shades of Koman Coulibaly at the 2010 World Cup.

1 Like

I went to Miami’s website to understand what happened and their recap of the game didnt even mention the goal overturn

I thought that was what the announcing crew speculated during the broadcast. I thought they said that in their minds, that was the only reason why they could overturn it but they didn’t think there was enough evidence to do so.

I wonder if this was one of those cases in which Northwestern knew what type of shot Garcia would try. I see we had a shootout loss against Longwood so I’d be curious to know if she tried the same shot and Northwestern flagged it as a potential review.

1 Like

I wasn’t able to watch the game, but from stats (shots, SOGS, and corners) the first 2 quarters were evenly played. NW dominated only the 3rd quarter.

So proud of this team. Amazing effort.

6 Likes

Field hockey is as close to a national championship caliber team as Miami has had since the the hockey final two. They are a razor’s edge away!

2 Likes

Sure feels that way.

3 Likes

Back to cross country… the NCAA selection committee gave at large bids to the Butler and Michigan men’s teams (Wisconsin and Notre Dame got the auto bids) from the Great Lakes region. The Toledo, Michigan, Michigan State, and Wisconsin women’s teams also received at large bids (Notre Dame and Ohio State got the auto bids) from the Great Lakes region.

Carmen Riano received an at-large bid to the NCAA championship meet in Stillwater, OK!

Unfortunately, Obsaa Feda missed out on an at-large bid by one place and 1.3 seconds.

1 Like

Team is on the rise. You have to feel like this coach is one of the best we’ve had at Miami.

2 Likes

Chorny is a good coach and has brought in some great recruits. This year’s MAC men’s XC championship was great and the Torpy twins were a major recruiting coup for Chorny, but he’s not close to being one of the best XC and T&F coaches we’ve ever had at Miami. He could be someday, but right now he is not.

1 Like

I trust your e-pinion more here since I don’t know crap about running. However, I did once run 2 miles under 12 minutes strapped to another teammate with a rope around Cook Field. 11:57. I promptly puked after.

Are you sure you’re not talking about a prison break? Sounds like a scene from The Defiant Ones.

1 Like

Coach would tie the fastest to the slowest. I wasn’t fast. There’s something different about human beings who can effortlessly run fast for long distances. They probably evolved from birds at some point in their distant past.