Belated UNO at Miami thread

Wow, nothing from Friday?

You guys must be smarter than me. Imagine that: Late goal sinks Miami, 4-3 in the opener.

1 Like

Looks like we gave up the GW with 55 seconds left to play.

1 Like

There’s a thread in the “Uncategorized” category

4 Likes

2-1 UNO final in the home finale. Miami is winless in its last 12 and has lost 20 straight March games.

The 2 boarding calls in 2nd period 30 seconds apart on Miami very sketchy. The fans erupted.
It looked like Omaha went into the boards,turned their back at the last second before the Miami defender made contact and then took a dive.
2 times. I’ve seen this in the NHL.too.Acted like they were almost in a coma on the ice,motionless,until the boarding call(2j then jumped up and were fine! Led to GWG. Ref #27 should not return,is useless.

3 Likes

It was the same guy twice lol

1 Like

4 games left including NCHC tournament. Probably all loses. Worst conference record in program history?

2 Likes

Fix it!!

It’s going to be hilarious when we eliminate ludvig and the fighting hawks from the nchc tournament in a couple weeks!!

Next week we could see an angry western michigan team they just got bodied by UND. But on the other hand, they already officially are the only NCHC team to lose to Miami this regular season :joy: hopefully they put Kirk Laursen out there so we can beat him too

I am starting to think that somebody made some sort of a deal back in the 08-09 season that if we made it to the national finals that year it would be ok if we never won another game again.

4 Likes

The team is cursed- their senior recognition event was interrupted by a fire alarm where they were forced to go outside and give speeches standing on a bench :joy: the universe won’t even let them have this poor seniors

https://x.com/miamiblc/status/1764398984599134608?s=46&t=iks34uxihN5C4hJJ57kxog

Was Jamaal Bowman the keynote speaker?

1 Like

The player on UNO who took the dive(s) should win an Oscar.

2 Likes

He’s kinda known for being a doofus. He’s the one on their team to interrupt peoples interviews, laugh during speeches, not take things seriously. They did a dont laugh challenge and he spent the whole thing laughing and spitting water everywhere for no reason. I’m not surprised at all that it was him he’s just that annoying freshman :joy:

Senior weekend photos by HockeyChica. Scary seeing how close the skate blade came to Neaton’s head in the one where his helmet gets knocked off. Enjoy!

Photos: Omaha at Miami – View From the Glass

1 Like

I just remembered at the end of the game Saturday a Miami fan near me chucked a drink onto the ice as the teams were about to leave. Not sure if it was directed at the opps or our team but either way it was really uncool. This poor team didn’t deserve that especially after a well played weekend.

Hopefully the ushers got to him.

5 Likes

Yep, I saw that too. Came from the middle of the students’ section near the band. Agreed – never any reason for that at any level.

“Ya don’t live in Cleveland…”

3 Likes

So much for beer sales….

1 Like

Wait…they started selling beer at Goggin? I suppose it makes sense…

Yes. BTW, on Alumni Band Weekend the beer was an obvious hit. “What? They sell beer at Goggin?
We can play band music AND drink beer? OMG.!”:speak_no_evil: