Belated Prediction Thursday - Notre Dame

Not optimistic here. I don’t think we’re going to be able to run between the tackles on them and I don’t think Chuck is going to open up the playbook for this one. I think the defense keeps it somewhat respectable, but eventually runs out of gas in the third and they tack on a couple against the backups in the fourth.

Miami 7
Notre Dame of Indiana 45

3 Likes

Season begins next Saturday as it will be a must win needing to go 6-3 just to be bowl eligible.

Praying team gets out of South Bend with no major injuries.

ND 38-10

ND 38. miami 13

We cover

I picked us to win. If we do, it’s 27-24 Miami over Lucky. Now let’s go bag that damn Leprechaun. Lucky was his name in the Lucky Charm commercials. Why didn’t they ever remake them with this track? The kids chasing that Leprechaun would be glorious to this music.

2 Likes

31-9 ND.

35-3 bad guys.

1 Like

ND: 48
Miami: 17
Rush yards: -4

2 Likes

If Miami is under 20 points scored again, when was the last time MU failed to score 20 points in 4 straight games including the bowl loss?

Can’t see how I can be very optimistic about this one… if our line can’t block NW and UC, not sure how we magically get better against ND. Would of course love to be wrong.

Our D has been pretty good, but we will get worn down as the game progresses if we can’t sustain a few long drives on offense. I thought Brett was getting into a better groove as the game went on against UC, so hoping for a little success w the short passing game.

Still, to keep offense on the field we just gotta find some semblance of a running game Not sure how but if holes are hard to find, at least run our bigger, stronger backs. Might break a few tackles and eke out some much needed yardage.

I still see us losing 35-13 based on what we’ve shown so far this season.

Miami - 33
Notre Dame - 6

1 Like

Miami- 23
Irish- 14

1 Like

Aw hell yes!

Domers overrun by the power of the MAC!

Miami University, Oxford, Ohio…Home of the REDHAWKS…Love & Honor! 24
Domers 20

3 Likes

Vegas sees it as a 27 point win for Notre Dame.and the Over/Under at 43.

I’m going with 27-16 Irish. Same score as UC.

1 Like

College Football 25 prediction:

Miami 20
Notre Dame 17

I played this game 2 days ago so I don’t remember all the stats. First quarter was scoreless. My strategy was to use short crossing patterns as basically my running game, which worked effectively. It also worked to open up a couple of deep shots to Javon Tracy (including a 34-yarder on 3rd and 16 on the first possession of the second half). Miami scored to take a 7-0 lead and then Raion Strader immediately picked off a pass to set up a short field. In the final minute of the half, Brett Gabbert just managed to get rid of the ball as a ND player decked him. The ball was a wounded duck but it happened to flutter right to Jack Coldiron for the TD to go up 14-0. ND marched down the field and hit a FG right before the half ended. 2nd half was about holding on for dear life. Miami made it 17-3 before ND’s offense started to click. Fortunately the short passing game in the first half did enough to open up the running game in the 2nd half. ND scored its 2nd TD tomato cut it to 20-17 with under 4 minutes remaining. Cade McDonald’s 11-yard catch on 3rd and 8 allowed Miami to bleed most of the clock. Alec Bevelheimer delivered one of the plays of the game. With 59 seconds left, his punt hit and the 1 and bounced back before Miami downed it at the 7. ND converted a pair of 4th down plays on the drive but could only get it to midfield before trying a Hail Mary from the MU 48. Jackson Pons (who also had 2 key pass deflections on 3rd downs earlier in the game) picked off the pass in the end zone to end it.

1 Like

Miami 10
ND 27

I’ll be there.
Not optimistic for a win, but always fun to see a game in South Bend, especially in the company of Miami faithful!

1 Like

We’ve had stretches of <20 points in 4+ games in the following seasons in the last forty years: 2015, 2013 (entire season), 2009, 1990, 1989 (all but one game), 1988, and 1984. The most wins we’ve had in any of those seasons is four.

https://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/Miami(Ohio).htm

I don’t think ND will look to completely humiliate us like they did with Purdue, but I don’t see us fixing our offensive/special teams struggles enough to make it a game. 45-10 ND.

Notre Dame of Ohio closed their doors at the end of the school year in May. Does that mean that Notre Dame of Indiana can drop the “of Indiana” now? Or is there still another one?

2 Likes

Miami 20
ND 19 - goes for 2 as time expires and FAILS!

1 Like

I think there may be a Notre dame in every state. Not kidding.

Miami 3
ND 41

1 Like