Battle for the Victory Bell Going Away

We want the last two wins. We’ll get them, too.

Win this year and the bell is ours forever. Hell if we lose don’t give it to them.

6 Likes

I read it that we’re playing in 2026. Wouldn’t the winner of that game keep the bell?

(You’re welcome!!!)

1 Like

Extremely Disappointed!
I was getting ready to donate as I do each preseason. Maybe less…
I think we need a new AD. This is such a poor decision.
I will be going to our UC game this year. I hope we crush them and take the bell and own it and never give it back. I’m a graduate school grad from UC and I HATE UC football.
KEEP THE BELL!

4 Likes

Let’s start with the assumption that UC wanted out of playing at Miami and was willing to pay to do so, which is a pretty safe assumption (they also recently backed out of the back half of a home-and-home with Ohio, and cancelled one with WKU).

UC had until this year to cancel their last two away games for 600k, since the buyout per game goes from 100k to 500k with less than 5 year notice, and their second away game isn’t until 2029.

Miami had to cancel last year, or be left paying UC 400k for nothing.

If that is the case, that seems like not such a great contract. Why would Miami have done that? (Weaker position at the negotiation table?)

I see on another thread that MiamiJohn had a good explanation. Hopefully that can get moved to this thread or copied to this thread.

I am so technologically illiterate my efforts to either move or quote my post I mistakenly put in a different thread have been for naught. I will try to repeat them here

I believe that a lot of posters have a misconception about what is driving the discontinuation of the series.

1. Cincinnati doesn’t want to come to Oxford! Games at Nippert are now worth millions and going on the road to face quality G5 opponents is something no P4 wants to do.

2. If Cincinnati won’t come to Oxford we don’t want to go to Nippert! The going rate for single road games with no return date for FBS schools is approaching 1.5 million dollars. Why would we sacrifice big bucks and our pride to play a series that doesn’t give us a fair shot?

I am a Cincinnati resident and have gone to the last 21 games in the series with my next door neighbors who are UC season ticket holders. No one is more passionate about continuing the game than myself! I have started multiple threads in years past in anticipation of this day. I was trying to build a consensus for a way forward but I am realistic.

Our athletic department probably does not have a way forward except possibly having future games at Paul Brown stadium and splitting the revenue. Frankly, that may not even be realistic depending upon the costs involved with “renting” the stadium.

2 Likes

My take: Series has been cancelled. Therefore no longer a signature trophy game. The bell came out of a Miami building. We have the bell. Put it in our building and call it a day. No opportunity for sUCks to get their grubby mitts on it again. The end.

6 Likes

We either keep it or it goes to the College Football HOF in Atlanta to be displayed in the Cradle of Coaches exhibit.

4 Likes

I couldn’t resist. September 14 will quite possibly be the last visit to Oxford by the Bearcats ever. I found a round trip ticket from Wilmington NC to CVG for about $200. I’ll be there for this one. Won’t be staying in Oxford because a hotel room there would cost more than my airline ticket. I’ll stay in West Chester and be there about 9:00 Saturday morning for the tailgate.

4 Likes

Check out this article from Cincinnati.com:

Williams: Who to blame for Cincinnati-Miami Victory Bell college football series ending

As a seson ticket holder I received an email which invited me to purchase single game tickets today before they go on sale to the general public. I took advantage of the offer and purchased 4 tickets to the UC game.

May I say what a great idea by the ticket office this is.

1. It provides an additional benefit to season ticket holders that costs the athletic department nothing.

2. Presumably it spreads out the crush of ticket requests that will occur once sales to the public begins which should help service.

3. Miami season ticket holders are likely to be buying tickets that will be used by Miami supporters. That is particular desireable for the UC game where a significant percentage of fans will be rooting for the wrong team.

I strongly encourage other season ticket holders to look in their emails for the link and use it. Plenty of Miami friends will be happy to buy the ticket from you.

I would really like to see the prime seating occupied by Miami fans and the best home field advantage we can provide. If you know where your season tickets are you will be able to buy tickets nearby.

6 Likes

Let win the bell this year and 2026 and never let uc never have bell agian

10 Likes

Fundraiser: put the “ Victory” Bell in the Men’s room at Yager Stadium.
$50 to p*** on it and get a beer coupon good on that game day!

Raise $500,000 in one day in stadium.

1 Like

My plaudits for the ticket office may have been a touch premature. It is still a great idea to give season ticket holders an early opportunity to purchase additional seats but I have had technical issues when following through.

While I had no problems ordering UC tickets yesterday I have been unable to order Ohio tickets on multiple attempts.

I’m not a season ticket holder and haven’t been to a game in quite a while unfortunately and I got an email today as well telling me I could buy before the general public tomorrow. Today was the last call.

1 Like

$200 and you get a day with the bell like the Stanley Cup.

4 Likes

$200 for a day with the bell? Count me in!

PARTY AT MY HOUSE!

1 Like