Basketball 2024-2025 Schedule

is 10 wins realistic here? 8 D1 wins

Are you being serious? I think you might be talking hockey. Men’s hoops could win 20 plus this year.

I think mrgredhawk was only referring to the 13-game non-conference schedule.

1 Like

Maybe so. That would make more sense!

1 Like

just talking about non-conf…relax

I like this schedule. Enough good teams to maintain credibility, but plenty of winnable games. A lot of toss-ups.

App State was really good last year, but lost a ton. Wright State lost their coach and their top two leading scorers, but always seem to be solid. Air Force, just eying their roster, looks solid. Siena was awful last year. MD Eastern Shore was also bad. Sacred Heart was a 500 team. Not sure what they have coming back. Michigan was bad last year, but hired a really good coach and brought in a ton via the portal. Indiana is Indiana.

Hard to evaluate teams in this day and age with so much player movement, but this is a manageable schedule at first glance.

2 Likes

Good point about never knowing teams year to year but 8 home games with 2 non d1 and a net average ranking of 282 of the 5 that are scheduled - 4 road games and 1 neutral

Should have a chance for a nice non- conference record

2 Likes

I made a mistake in reading your post and it’s the first mistake I’ve ever made in my life. It’s uncharted territory for me.

2 Likes

Points for correctly saying uncharted instead of unchartered.

5 Likes

App St & Vermont both won their conference last year (Vermont has owned their conference for a decade and ASU has been top three for last 4-5 years) and both on road…tough. Indiana & Michigan on road…very very tough. Wright St has been a solid team for many years and typically has an “older and physical” team–also tough game. I think Air Force and all the rest Miami should be favored and needs to win all of them. I will be happy getting one win out of those other five games and maybe squeeze out a second win. MAC games are all that really matter though.

1 Like

At Vermont is a rough one. I think they’ve won that league 8 years in a row or something absurd like that. At App St will also be tough, but I think they lost their top three leading scorers.

I guess what’s hard in evaluating our schedule is I don’t know how good we’ll be. If we’re an upper tier Mac team then this schedule isn’t as daunting. If were’ middle of the pack or below then the schedule gets tougher.

2 Likes