Basketball 2024-2025 Schedule

We have our first bit of news:

https://twitter.com/roccomiller8/status/1785693493975019766?s=46&t=XB577CNdjw8INSiyLP2itw

2 Likes

SO:

TBD @ Michigan
11/25 vs TBD Opponent - Fort Myers Tip-Off
11/26 vs TBD Opponent - Fort Myers Tip-Off

The only other carry-over contract from last season is with Vermont. We should have an away game there this year to close out the home/home.

3 Likes

Wright State?

Source I know at Wright St said they are coming to Millett this year.

2 Likes

This is pretty interesting. I had heard Miami wasn’t going to schedule Wright State after WSU was playing games in Steele’s first season. Heard they would only come during J term, which seems silly for two local schools. Miami returned the favor last season by playing WSU during their break. Seems like Nagy departing might’ve fixed the problem.

Very good news! This combined with road games at Toledo and Eastern will provide many chances for in-person viewing that are close to home.

1 Like

This game will be played between Nov 17 and Nov 21.

1 Like

Last year was not a good Michigan team. Have they fixed that?

Michigan fired Juwan Howard and brought in Dusty May, the FAU head coach who took them to the final four. He’s brought in one of his guys from FAU in the portal, plus other transfers from OSU, Bama, Auburn, Yale and North Texas.

So a very different team from last year in players and style. TBD how good they’ll be.

3 Likes

Michigan is gonna be stacked

1 Like

To be specific, Nov 18:

Opponents in Fort Myers will be two of: Jacksonville, Mercer and Siena

5 Likes

I am planning on going to this.

1 Like

Me, too, if I can get tickets without the travel package; this is only an hour away from me.

1 Like

I don’t know the size of the facility, but the foursome that we are in is not going to draw many fans in Ft. Meyers. You can walk up and buy tickets for our games, maybe not for Xavier and Michigan if it is a really small facility… Yeah, I am not planning on buying a package. Hope to see you there.

4 Likes

Seats 3,500 - right near downtown Fort Myers.

1 Like

Besides the tipoff game on campuses, this sounds like there is no hope of winning and then making it in to play anyone in the Beach Division. So this is not really a true tournament style format from reading this. Still nice for the players to go to a warm site.

The right way to think about it is that it is two four team tournaments. In our division we’ll play an opening game and then either a championship or third place decider game. Making it eight teams with two divisions just allows them to have the buy games to provide an extra incentive for teams to participate.

For us it ends up essentially being a free tournament and a 60K buy game at Michigan (a little cheaper than a usual game I believe). Playing in the event also allows us to play 31 games total, instead of the 29 game maximum if you don’t play an event.

6 Likes

This isn’t me making fun of you. This is one of the better posts about positive things for the upcoming basketball season. You’ve earned the title

1 Like

I should have phrased my post differently. I did not really mean “no hope of winning.”
I meant that after we beat Michigan, we don’t get to play anyone in the Beach Division as we are siloed into the one division before the play in game.