Baseball at Akron

Started today instead of the usual Friday start

1 Like

2-1 RedHawks win!

Update: tomorrow will be double header to finish the series

3 Likes

Yea us. Wait, we only gave up one run. Yea pitchers.

1 Like

Friday Game 1 - RedHawks up 5-1 in the bottoms of two! Yay us!

RedHawks win 15-5 and secure a 3rd straight series win!

4 Likes

Yea us.

1 Like

In game 2 of the doubleheader:

Miami leads 5 to 3 in the top of the 6th.

Miami wins 7-5 and sweeps Akron! Our MAC record sits at 7-5.

1 Like

Feeling smiley about Smiley’s tenure so far.

2 Likes

We winning the MAC. That’s my bet. And we are doing it this year.

Best series by the pitching staff so far. Progress being made!

And the winner of that third game? None other than Dom Magliocca. Magliocca! Outfielder! Joining Evan Appelwick and Garrison Barile as fielders who have taken the mound for Miami. Amazing.

4 Likes

Why was an outfielder pitching in a close game?

Even more incredible, he was the RedHawk STARTER! The others I mentioned came in (another weekday game) to pitch a couple of innings in relief, but Dom was the starter. BTW, this is the same young man who smacked a home run in his first appearance as a freshman.

5 Likes

Late one night, I found myself unable to sleep and because I’m a baseball nerd, I was curious what our all-time victories looked like. So I went back and studied our year over year results. And what I found was pretty amazing. Although baseball really only got hot winning MAC championships starting with coach Bud M, we have wins over more big name teams than we do in football. We have beaten most of the Big 10 at least once, a lot of the SEC. And had we not lost our last game to Notre Dame 2-3, we’d be like 9-0 against them! Maybe this is easier in baseball as it’s 3 game series. Ps, shout out to the old coach Danny Hayden. His team has the only win over a top ten team in program history when they beat #10 ASU early in the season early in his tenure. If you can’t tell from my other posts, I’m very bullish on our potential. MAC baseball has done some incredible things over the years.

3 Likes

He hit the home run in the snow too!

1 Like

Standings update:
Miami sits in 4th in the MAC

1 Like