Ball State men at Miami Saturday around 3:30

Potter can really shoot it. 8 for his last 9 from 3. Shooting over 60% from 3 for the year. Insane for anyone. Completely crazy for a 7 footer. (I know it’s not a huge sample size - but still very impressive.)

He also had an awesome assist and a few key deflections. Really enjoying his game.

5 Likes

Possible controversial opinion. The dog is more talented than mine but I prefer the jump ropers.

3 Likes

JUMP ROPERS??

I assume you’re talking about The Firecrackers?

Dean with back-to-back 3s. We’re 9-18 from deep. 53-45 Miami at the U12.

1 Like

Yes I was drawing a blank on their name.

1 Like

Michael Lewis going on an extended tirade against the refs when his team has a 7-3 foul advantage.

2 Likes

Looked like Hunter got off to to a really slow start, really rallied!

Well, if my math is correct, we’ve now won more D1 games than we did last year with plenty of games left. Keep up the improvement.

2 Likes

Miami 80 Ball St. 59. In the 2nd half, we outscored them 50-30. We shot 61% from the floor in the 2nd half making 7 3s. For the game, we had 21 assists and only 9 turnovers. In the 2nd half, we had 12 assists and only 2 turnovers. I thought one of the big differences in the game was shot selection, especially in the 2nd half. Our shot selection was fantastic while theirs was questionable at best. Both teams seemed tight in the 1st half, knowing how important this game was. We seemed to loosen up more in the 2nd half and that showed in the way we shot the ball. Then, we kept our composure while they obviously lost theirs.

Great out-of-bounds plays again. I love plays where the shooter starts by setting a screen, then coming back around another screen for the shot. I like that we got Hunter more mid-range opportunities and he eventually warmed up some. Mirambeaux was used pretty smartly in the 2nd half, getting him lower on the block. Potter and Morris deserve credit for helping to build the lead to 8-10 points and keeping it there. And Dean was probably the difference with his big shooting night. He’s deadly if you let him catch the ball close to his shooting pocket.

Great job all the way around. Now we need to step up against 2 teams that beat us with physical perimeter play.

I should also the great game that Elmer had. One key adjustment we made was when the matchups allowed, putting Elmer on Jihad slowed him down a little. I don’t know if Jihad fouled him on the play that led to the technical, the angle was bad on tv. But he was right with him doing a good job fighting him for position and that’s all you can ask. And he is such a good mid-range shooter. If he can develop a quick first step off the dribble, watch out.

7 Likes

That was a huge win after two clunkers and it was so important for the MAC race

4 Likes

We now have a 2 game + tiebreaker cushion for the conference tournament with 6 games to play. Would take a huge meltdown to not qualify.

5 Likes

The attendance was 7776. I know it was free tickets but still that is a lot. Biggest crowd in 20 years?

5 Likes

UC game a few years ago was the largest since 99 with 7.2k, so probably the biggest in 25?

Against UC awhile back was better attended than today still a better crowd than any other game I’ve attended

1 Like

Liking this team.

8 Likes

Photobomber

IMG_2995

It’s not lost on me that Coach Smith is always flexing in the background. I found you via his elbow. I bet he’s a fun guy to be around. Dude gets comedy.

1 Like

Front row, far right is Cameron Bramos.

4 Likes

If genetics play a role in future success, (and I believe they do) offer that young rascal a scholarship immediately!!!

1 Like

I’ll never be mad with a 20-point conference win, nice rebound from a few off games.

I know that we only have so many Saturday football home dates to make money from, but it’d be nice to pack Yager with a free game promotion this fall.

6 Likes