Ball State Game Thread

Amazing ST again

Offense has had moments but too many drops

Defense has really struggled but held for two field goals and made a huge INT and return

Frustrating as I feel BSU has controlled the game but we lead

Need a better effort on first down on defense. Get these guys in some third and longs

3 Likes

We’re 9-2 and receiving votes for the Top 25 and ranked 10th in the G5. Why should we be happy about leading a 4-7 MAC team 14-12 after an uninspired first half. Our expectations are different these days. And they should be.

2 Likes

Speaking of weird hills to die on… this again?

If we haven’t fired Chuck Martin by the beginning of the 4th I’m becoming an Ohio State fan

2 Likes

Toledo beat BSU 13-6. Conference games aren’t always going to be masterpieces.

2 Likes

Football weirdness: The other FBS game in Indiana is also at halftime at 14-12.

First TO was unquestioningly stupid. they were going to go on fourth down regardless – we just saved them time and gave them opportunity to get in good play. I get the intent on the 40 second TO and as it turns out their dumb decision to pooch kick made us weirdly aggressive in playcalling. I wish we had executed. But overall over `10 years i think we can agree on TO game is checkers not chess!

Jive I think this is a team that needs to stay away from the long pass. Simply put, AV isn’t accurate. To me, if he completes one great, but it will be more luck than skill. I realize the grind it game might not work with 40 seconds left in the half, but that is the strength of this offense as currently constructed. I thought our second TD was AV’s best drive of the year. Unfortunately, we couldn’t repeat it. I have no issue with grind it out offense if that is your identity. And with AV, that is our identity.

I said it before the season started. :wink:

1 Like

Amos darting around a little too much today…needs to get downhill

1 Like

Like that!!!

1 Like

Double check the film. Pretty sure the second string d-line was in before the TO. And BSU wasn’t subbing so we couldn’t.

That would be the only valid reason to call a TO there.

Almost a pick by BSU…

Terrible throw. aV lucky it wasn’t picked off

Ugh…slow developing run play

2 Likes

He seems to make good throws on those inside slants

Terrible. AV should have handed it off

2 Likes

Horrible decision on 4th down play…give it to the running back!!!

2 Likes

That was beyond ridiculous!