Bahamas Bowl wont be played in the Bahamas this year

1 Like

So the one draw to the Bahamas Bowl isn’t even available. Cool.

I say move it to Washington–Grizzly Stadium in Missoula, MT just for laughs.

1 Like

Novelty game at Angel Stadium please

1 Like

The stadium in Missoula, MT is actually very, very cool…and is guaranteed to be very, very frigid at Bahamas Bowl Time should that venue be chosen as an alternative site.

1 Like

FC Cincinnati was looking to host a bowl game at their stadium but got shut out. Wonder if they throw their facility out there for a test run.

1 Like

SI has a few ideas

https://www.si.com/college/group-five/cusa/4-suggestions-for-bahamas-bowl-replacement-venues-2023-cfb-postseason

I know, hence why I added “just for laughs.”

But in all honesty, they have a nice FCS stadium and setting. Plus skiing opportunities would be plentiful. It would be cold but at least there would be cold weather activities available. If you’re going for a true (and unusual) alternative, you could do worse. And if Boise is already a possibility, why not Missoula?

Eh just move it to Conway, SC and have 2 Myrtle Beach options.

2 Likes

If it would be our game, let it be somewhere that no passport is required. Take the band.

1 Like

I guess @Hoosierhawk, @JiveHawk and @Spanks004 did more damage to the place than we even realized.

2 Likes

This would work nicely! The decision also moves the Myrtle Beach Bowl to Saturday, Dec 16.

Jerry Richardson Stadium on the campus of UNC Charlotte.I took this pic the year after it opened (2012).

If we were in that venue for a bowl I think I could plan on attending…in fact my son is an Admissions administrator at UNCC.

1 Like

I would be very surprised if we went back to the same bowl as last year (albeit in a different location)

It’s going to have a different name and sponsor this year, too. It’s a pure MAC - CUSA contract so there’s at least a 1 in 6 chance we could go there. Probably means the MAC won’t get the Myrtle Beach Bowl bid, though. That will probably be Sun Belt vs AAC again since the MAC will be playing in Charlotte two days later. Its inaugural game was AAC vs CUSA.

1 Like

aw, hamburgers

So I wonder if the players will get any gifts this year if they go to the Bahamas Bowl. Normally the experience at The Atlantis and being in the Bahamas is the “gift”, but they wont have that this year.

They always get some kind of swag bag at every bowl game.

My point is the swag bag they got in the Bahamas was like a pair of shorts, a mug, slides and a hooded sweatshirt-nothing like what they got in Mobile or Frisco. What will they do for them in the new Bahamas Bowl.

Probably more like what they got in Mobile or St Petersburg.

Wherever Michigan, Georgia and a few others go, their “swag bag” probably includes a set of car keys with the wheels to be picked up after the game. The ultimate NIL payoff.

1 Like