Aveon Smith

According to the Hamilton Journal, you Aveon critics will not have to worry about whether we can win with Aveon as QB. He has entered the portal. It will be interesting to see what we do for the bowl game. Henry should finally get his shot.

What? When did this happen?

2 Likes

Actually, it happened Monday. See the Portal thread. I missed it when I wrote this. I don’t know how to close this thread. Hamilton journal and Enquirer reported it.

Wow, thanks for the update. Huge news.

You two are a day late and a dollar short, as my daddy used to say.

And you have no appreciation for sarcasm.

2 Likes

Now I gotcha! I couldn’t imagine you were actually that far behind the curve.

1 Like

Just wait until @MUFanSince55 picks up the paper and sees Brett is back!

2 Likes

If my calculations are correct, that will happen tomorrow afternoon.

Northern Illinois joined the MAC.

Aveon (with child) is sitting with Chuck at the hockey game right now. Take with that what you will.

1 Like

Aveon can skate??

2 Likes

Looks like Aveon has a few offers coming in and they are all closer to home for him. Happy for him and glad he has options.

9 Likes

Charleston Southern, Alabama A&M, The Citadel. Happy for him.

2 Likes

All FCS so far. Seems odd for a Championship MVP G5 QB with two years of graduate eligibility left not to have an FBS offer. Maybe he’s put strict geographical limits on where he’ll go for the rest of his career.

The Citadel had an awful season this year.

Probably his best bet to be a starter.

1 Like

I’m grateful for what Aveon did for this team, but I am in no way surprised he’s only gotten FCS offers.

2 Likes

Where do you see offers on the portal

1 Like

Smith would be a solid FBS quarterback in a run-heavy option scheme if you gave him a year to really learn an offense. But a small number of programs are focused on that way, and even then I’m guessing he wants to start now instead of waiting another season on the bench. FCS is probably the best option for him, but best of luck.

1 Like

I don’t. I’m just going on what he’s tweeted. I guess it’s possible he has gotten offers from FBS schools but is only choosing to share the FCS ones.