Arkansas solution for NIL

Call the Hogs and pony up the cash!

https://arkansas.rivals.com/news/yurachek-says-arkansas-football-nil-not-where-it-needs-to-be

I read about Tennessee raising all their ticket prices 10% to fund theirs. Like any price increase, it’s not going the other direction so at what point does the fan say “I’m tapped out.” These are not wealthy states. This is almost starting to feel like a sales tax for fans. No way this can last.

1 Like

no, but if you can convince yourself paying more can directly get you better talent and a better team, you’d do it. Especially in the SEC

1 Like

There’s a bull market in NIL assets. Sooner or later, something will come out of left field and this latest Ponzi scheme will fall apart. I have no clue from where it will, but come it will…just need a bit more air in the bubble before the collapse.

2 Likes

I mean, I wouldn’t willingly spend 4 years in Arkansas, no matter what…

2 Likes

Is getting more people to donate more money really all that innovative of a solution?

I think eventually the money will dry up especially for schools not performing well on the field. People spend so much money on pro sports because eventually you will sell the team and make a profit. There is no gain for the people supplying the NIL funds other than seeing their Alma mater win