Another RedHawk in the Family!

Last week our daughter, Celia, made her college choice. She was choosing between the honors colleges at Vanderbilt, Indiana, Miami, and Elon. Her choice is made-Miami University Honors College!

26 Likes

Congrats to her and very impressed by her options!

1 Like

Welcome to the world of Love and Honor!

1 Like

Congratulations to Celia!

1 Like

Great news, Blues!

1 Like

Hooray!

1 Like

Congrats to Celia, and Love and Honor!

2 Likes

Congrats to Celia and her proud dad! My daughter will be a first year this fall as well.

4 Likes

Congrats. Expect to see you at a few more games now.

2 Likes

Fantastic news, Bluesman!

1 Like

Congrats! Maybe they will meet up! We are going in for orientation May 30-31.

1 Like

Those are our orientation dates also. Maybe I will see you there!

1 Like

Congratulations. I thought that was the case based on your earlier posting. Doesn’t she do martial arts? Maybe she can be the club leader at Miami.

1 Like

Celia is a 3rd degree Black Belt in Taekwondo from Kukkiwon, Seoul, South Korea. World Taekwondo Federation. Good memory! She has trained martial arts for 14 years. She has been an instructor for the last 5. But at Miami she will be double majoring in education and theater.

6 Likes

Congratulations- welcome to the Miami Family!

1 Like

Good for her, and, I think, a wise choice.

1 Like

This proves that Miami can still win some important recruiting battles against other great schools for top talent!

All is not lost!

4 Likes

Makes me feel a little bit guilty in that neither of my sons ended up going to Miami…mostly because our suburban high schools in Chicago area were so large that they both wanted to go to a small college. So, they both went to small regional private schools and enjoyed them.

My little brother redeemed the family…even though he graduated from Ball State (golf scholarship), his two very bright and talented girls both went to Miami, and kept our family Cincinnati ties intact as one is now a high school teacher and Varsity volleyball HC at Anderson HS, and the other works for Fifth Third Bank. Whew!

5 Likes

I came home from the office Thursday and Celia had done a little yard work!

14 Likes

That’s fantastic news and by the way, so is your lawn! Sadly, I have a gopher scenario that makes the back 40 look like the surface of.the moon.

1 Like