Andy Miele to the Olympics

Covid changed everything, and it appears Andy will wear the Stars and Stripes in Beijing. A great honor and he should do well on the larger ice surface.

5 Likes

Miele is officially on the roster. A huge honor!

7 Likes

Go Andy! And for those among us who dis our hockey program, be reminded that Andy won the Hobey Bsker Award in a Miami uniform. That’s the hockey equivalent of the Heisman Trophy.

4 Likes

He is and was an amazing representative and player for us. I so wish we could get guys like him again…

3 Likes

Andy Miele will captain Team USA at the Olympics!

10 Likes

USA 8 China 0 Final

5 Likes

#51 had a lot of ice time today

2 Likes

Just scored against Canada to make it 1-1 in the first.

2 Likes

Andy with the first USA goal to tie it at 1 early in the first!

1 Like

That was a pretty goal.

We’re getting killed on face offs.

I was just checking out the team roster and found that Andy isn’t the only Miami connection this year! Assistant GM is Marc Boxer, who was a classmate of mine back in the day. :smiley:
https://teamusa.usahockey.com/2022molymarcboxer

5 Likes

4-2 USA final. Killed 31 seconds of a 5 on 3 in the last four minutes!

1 Like

Slovakia knocks out the US in a shootout. Miele couldn’t score in the final round to try to extend it.

Absolutely embarrassing…especially in the shootout. Miami (and the USA) has perfected the 3rd period collapse, allow the extra attacker goal and lose in OT. It all started in DC when Rico decided to save his timeout.

Wow! Canucks are gone, too! Lost 2-0 to Sweden this morning.

Rybar “ stood on his head” a hot goalie changes everything.”

1 Like

Andy Meile’s KHL team, the Torpedo, did not make the KHL playoffs, which start Tuesday. The Finnish team, Jokerit, has notified the league it will not play in the tournament. Hopefully, our Olympic team captain is safely out of Russia and safely back in South Carolina.