Anderson Mirambeaux commits

Weight is a bit like the planetary Goldilocks zone when it comes to bigs. Too much and it’s hard to make a big impact. Too little and it’s hard to make a big impact.

It may be my imagination, but I see a drop off in movement and athleticism from high school senior to Cleveland State.

A few observations:

1. Not sure he is 6-8
  2. He played 2 years of JuCo and 1 year at Cleveland State. However, I’m not concerned about his production (or lack therof) at Cleveland State as I don’t think it is representative of his abilities. Cleveland State really didn’t utilize his type of player and was senior heavy (13 seniors rostered). In fact, the top-8 statistical players were Seniors.

The 5 starting seniors played the majority of minutes and those that played were mostly guards:

Patton: 6-5 (30 minutes per game)
Johnson: 6-9 (30 minutes per game)
Gomillion: 6-4 (30 minutes per game)
Parker: 6-4 (26 minutes per game)
Hill: 6 (17 minutes per game)
Finstuen: 6-4 (15 minutes per game)

The team played a lots of guards and just a couple forwards. Doesn’t seem like his game was utilized. I guess this pick is on the advice of our one assistant coach and his observations over the past year.

1 Like

Given how much more you, Dick, and too many others who I can’t remember as I have my Pinot know than I do about hoops, I actually feel proud of my observation. Yeah me! Anderson is a real steal.

This offseason, I wanted to go back through recruiting threads to see what was right, what was wrong, and who had some spicy takes.

The pros:

• is this one of the biggest jumps in production I’ve ever seen. He played a harder strength of schedule and still improved every aspect of his game. Free throw shooting. Field goal percentage. Everything is improved.
  • Very clearly one of the top 3 on the team

The cons:

• Struggles to finish on the left side of the rim

Icy takes:

How much impact the right situation can have on someone. Watching what Coach Summers helped Mirambeaux and Morris achieve in a single season, what big man wouldn’t want to learn from him.

Spicy takes:

@max with the icy and spicy! Kudos for spotting the potential.

:point_up: you’re not wrong, and we ended up getting even more than 18-20 min.