Akron Week 2022

BC–Look. At game time I will be watching, wearing my game day Red and White. And I will support our entire team–including the coaches. That will never change.

1 Like

What play do you call?

You know that QB checks down and can change the play right? Do you know every play that happened? Do you know what play was called upstairs and what play was run on every series? I don’t either.

1 Like

I love these predictions.

I’m predicting Miami never loses again starting this week. And if they lose? The streak will start next week.

3 Likes

Finally someone gets it!:joy:

2 Likes

Not a run up the gut by a 165# back…followed by a deep (20 yard) pass that falls incomplete and leaves us 3rd and 8…rinse and repeat, please make it stop.

:wink:

3 Likes

Great post, Mighty!

1 Like

How about with 7:00 minutes left at Buffalo and a lead and a need to run the clock out maybe try running plays that keeps the clock running. Instead we throw two times and stop the clock, giving Buffalo extra time they used to kick the game winning field goal. Also we were running good so why throw the ball? EMU last year, our line is getting beat consistently and they are jumping the snap-most coaches would try a screen or a draw to slow them down a bit-nope out OC calls slow developing long, low percentage pass plays that again cost us downs. Bowling Green, they have eight in the box and our small backs in so we keep trying to run the ball up the middle and keep getting stuffed, maybe try the jet sweep or something to bounce outside or a slant or quick pass over the middle since the LBs were crashing. Plenty of other examples but I don’t have time or space to list them all.

7 Likes

At places like Alabama, Georgia, OSU etc. when a position coach or coordinator aren’t up to expectations they’re replaced. The head coach ultimately is responsible for what’s on the field and will do whatever is needed to protect his job and win games

At Miami I’ve read a lot about the continuity of Chuck’s coaching staff and how many have been long termers. Loyalty to long term staffers and friendships is one thing but at some stage enough is enough.

I 'd say it’s more than time for him to protect his job, get a lot more mercenary and clean out some of the offensive coaching staff that has landed us in this pile of goo we call Miami’s offense. The sooner the better.

4 Likes

Listened to presser for about 5 mins…got bored, CM talking about are we good enough or tough enough to run this or that on O, in the MAC???

We talk about recruiting all time on here ( how good it is)…yet were a 1-3…most likely 4-4 (at best) MAC team in year 9 of this staff…that’s .500 for all that struggle at math in am. :wink:

Two young Bears from Miami are on MNF, and yet we are perpetually a 6-6 team.

Unreal…yes Brett went down during this season, but a true frosh from WMU beat Miami on the road Saturday…says it all.

Feel bad for Hippenhammer, and several others but this season can only be saved by winning out and winning bowl game, which is a near impossibility with the way this staff handles its business.

5 Likes

WMU QB did not win that game for them. Not even close. He was a decent game manager. Probably will develop into a good QB. He didn’t beat Miami.

In the sense that he outperformed the guy that he replaced, his performance was a factor. You can say it was Lester’s decision to make a change from a guy that struggled to deliver or it was his play…all semantics.

1 Like

That’s a sign of good coaching…winning a game with a game manager.

Here’s what’s left of this:

Can we score any points?

The Wishbone was my solution but was not taken seriously by senior mgt. But now that Brett is back how about a double wing!

1 Like

Akron’s Defense is bad vs both the run and pass. Hopefully with another week of practice Gabbert will pick up where he left off in the 2nd half last Saturday.

Be huge if team can score 24 + points and get a win before OU at home.

That said Miami could as easy end up 3-9 as 7-5. My guess is 6-6.

Yeah us…the bummer is, left two wins on table, could be sitting 3-1 right now, with better OC. At minimum 2-2, with a chance.

2 Likes

Based on results to date, 6-6 sure seems like the best case scenario outcome. Perhaps Brett in rhythm will be more of a game changer and somehow manage to get to 7-5 but the play calling still has to improve!

3 Likes

Agreed and potentially could head back to Treadwell territory with 4-8…hopefully Brett stays healthy and adds a spark as the offense needs it desperately, but we need to get back the run still IMO.

Otherwise, I’m ready to turn attention to Bball.

1 Like

The lack of a short passing game and compliment the run game. A run game that doesn’t include solely delays up the middle of the field. Basically, running a competent offense

4 Likes

Last year Ohio State’s defense struggled badly early in the year and Ryan Day quickly replaced the coordinators and reassigned them to a positional group and it worked as the D improved. This is exactly what should have been done by Miami this week on Monday.

4 Likes