A question about the monies

I read today that Notre Dame owes Northern Illinois 1.4mm for the game and it’s due within 60 days of the game. The same article says they are paying us 1.25mm, so I’m wondering why there’s a difference in amounts. I’d half wondered if ours was less because we just won the MAC, but these games are negotiated far in advance. What gives?

We’re cheap, but not easy?

1 Like

Does the home opener get more?

The hilarious thing was NBC’s promo didn’t even say NIU’s name leading into the weekend. It was just “Notre Dame’s home opener at 3:30, followed by Colorado and Nebraska at 7:30.” The graphic included the NIU logo, at least. I hope that was worth $1.4 million.

3 Likes

They made millions I’m betting earned media

I meant I hope it was worth it for Notre Dame.

1 Like

I’d guess we signed our deal years before NIU signed - $1.25 was prob the going rate then.

Nope, we signed our deal in 21, NIU’s game was signed in 2019.

I think it just comes down to what other offers there were and what the ADs want. NIU plays games all over, maybe DS thinks its worthwhile to take slightly less money in order to stay in the Midwest.

1 Like

It’s similar to two employees with the same job, but one makes a slightly higher salary. Likely a mix of market factors when each signed, and the negotiation process. Some people are better negotiators than others.

1 Like

Sayler may have pushed for a greater visiting ticket allotment than NIU also.

1 Like

well, another thought is that we played them a few years back so maybe that was part of the deal: “we’ll give you two games at ___rate if you sign now.” Who knows.

1 Like

Different contracts so wouldn’t be this (although in general, I agree that could happen)

It looks like we only have the right to buy up to 2000 tickets. Other P5 contracts we have generally have 400 complimentary tickets and then the right to buy some tickets (between 1.5k to 5k), so doesn’t seem like this.

2 Likes

I’m not a damn scientist. I’m a third rate sports fan who is:

1. Out of NFL pick’em thanks to…
  2. Being a Bengals fan and my…
  3. Ass is getting handed to me in fantasy football (yahoo auto drafted for me thanks to school pick up and gave me a D-grade for my draft. Yep. Pass that blame you shitty Bot.
  4. Reds must have lost today. I’ll go check now.

We need to beat UC and I’ll be happy again.

2 Likes

A+ post right there (to make up for the D- auto draft).

1 Like

2 Likes