6-6

Listen I made my peace…and not even going fight Dick, b/c Dick should always come out on top…wait, maybe that’s wrong, LOL.

You know what I mean…as far as Patton is concerned …the tackles have gotten a bit better and are going to be good.

Can’t rip guy in year one.

Otherwise, if Chuck is working with D…he did not scout Kent well.

I’m sorry we need at minimum a new OC.

It is Feth first year at center…and never played which is impressive…but I am surprised we don’t run up gut better.

1 Like

In another post a while back I suggested Miami needs a couple of running backs cut out of the Lew Nichols mold. Someone told me I just described Kenny Tracy. While Kenny is indeed a serviceable back, he is not the kind of punishing runner that Nichols is. If we’d had a Lew Nichols, the Kent game wouldn’t have gone to OT and we’d be headed to Detroit. We have a group of running backs so similar in style and size that Reghi can’t even tell them apart. They are speedy outside backs. According to at least one of us on the board, Bowser was supposed to be the answer. . We better look into the portal and fix this problem before next season or we’ve got deja Vu all over again.

I strongly agree with this. Kenny Tracy has kind of become our #1 back late in the season, I think mainly because he is bigger than the other rb’s and can pass block better. He is also a very good receiver. However, he is anything but physical as a rb, he is more likely to hang back and read the blocks. We need a Thomas Merriweather, Alonzo Smith, Deland McCullough, guys who never went down on the first hit and could push a pile or drag tacklers forward. The other guys we have are decent players, but none of them are effective in 3rd or 4th and short or inside the 5, times when power and toughness prevail.

3 Likes

Agree completely. Travis Prentice also comes to mind.

Prentice was the entire package in college, and I am still mystified he didn’t do more in the NFL as he had strength and speed.

1 Like