‘23 Commits senior season

Ipsaro with 27 and 8 boards in win over Newport Central Catholic on Monday, 12/19.

2 Likes

DigitalHalk, I just wanted to thank you for doing this thread. You have stuck with it and this is the type of information that we have never had before, basically every game stats showing a commit’s performance and even some high lights. Merry Christmas and again Thank you for doing this.

12 Likes

Agreed! I’m absolutely blown away by both the knowledge and passion for hoops this fine forum has. Shows how badly MU nation wants to see a winning product even if it’s only a microcosm of a couple hundred people.

3 Likes

Thanks, Dick, my pleasure. I’m glad to share my unreasonable optimism with this board! Happy Holidays to you and everyone here.

8 Likes

Not a steal. Miami is a first class institution. Bring the ballers, and they’ll come. My man Damon F. and I agree. Millett Hall is mediocre, but win and the fans will come. Coach is awesome for this institution.

3 Likes

Easy win in first game of holiday tourney.

2 Likes

Annual holiday tourney in Ocala, FL. CovCath advances.

1 Like

Cooper is very quick, but looks smooth and fluid. Terrific athlete!

2 Likes

Do we have a point guard controversy? :smile:

1 Like

What I like best about Cooper-when you watch his tape he plays under control. Doesn’t rush or force things.

2 Likes

Bolingbrook (10-3) hands Lemont their first loss. Mekhi Cooper and Keon Alexander added 10 points each for Bolingbrook (10-3), which advanced to face top-seeded Rolling Meadows in Thursday’s semifinal. The Raiders won the Tosh in 2019.

1 Like

I have been thinking about how that will play out. There are 40 minutes in a game, Lairy will be gone, so we will probably start out with them dividing the time fairly equally until one or the other becomes more dominant. Playing two point guards at the same time also works well in some situations. I do think both look good enough to be getting playing time right from the start.

1 Like

Eian Elmer with 9 pts., 11 boards, 3 assists, 3 steals, 3 blocks as Taft beats Chandler Park Academy (MI), 65-27. Ouch.

Jizzle? Poor dude

1 Like

Edgerrin James’ son.

Reece Potter with 18/13 in 61-44 win over Bowling Green (KY).

1 Like

What a dumba** idea for naming your son.

2 Likes

Mekhi is more of a combo guard anyway. Having freshmen take significant minutes at PG is tough. I have a sneaking suspicion we’ll find a way to pick up a more experienced CG to join in as well.

And we can discuss someone’s name in a thread about Miami commits when they’re committed to Miami. Or someone can make a thread about it if they feel so inclined.

On a different note, we have a thread about our SIGNED seniors (and have been signed since the start of this thread) playing the best any of our signees in decades, and there are people who have made more posts about a name committed to another school than the players who will be suiting up for Miami.

4 Likes