‘23 Commits senior season

5 Likes

Eian Elmer’s Taft HS team is one of the favorites to win the DII State Championship. It opened the State tournament as the #1 seed in Southwest 2 Sectional/District bracket with a 100-20 win over #17 seed Cincinnati Shroder HS last Friday. Game 2 is Tuesday February 21st vs #20 seed Blanchester at Mason. Here is the PUBLIC BRACKET.

To get out of this bracket, Taft will most likely face #6 Cincinnati McNicholas and #3 Alter

IF Taft gets out of the bracket, it will face off vs. SOUTHWEST 3.

HERE is the Division II tournament breakdown starting with the regionals

3 Likes

You make a good point. Given the quality of this class, I’m curious to see how many end up at Miami.

1 Like

How many of the signed commits end up at Miami? I think all the commits. They have all signed LOI’s. Many will arrive in Oxford in about 4 months.

These are really nice players. These are the types of players that Miami should have been recruiting for some time. In fact, Miami’s peers that have had success have been signing these types of kids for some time.

Do we think that Eian Elmer is skipping out on Miami to head to Duke? or Ohio State?

The state of high school recruiting has taken a huge change in direction. Transfer portals has been a huge hit to really good HS kids…who are now NOT getting offers. Even low major schools are able to pick kids from the portal to fill out roster spots. Schools are “renting” kids for a year or two rather than developing them.

8 Likes

I remember back in the '70s we had a transfer named Dave Elmer who actually transferred from Duke TO Miami.

1 Like

And Bill Lake (RIP) transferred from NC State to Miami. He played on NC State’s NCAA Championship team.

1 Like

Actually, I didn’t make a good point. Let’s drop it.

2 Likes

Reece Potter with 16/7 as LexCath wins first game of state tourney with 62-42 win over Dunbar.

Taft squeaks by Blanchester 112-26 in opening game of D2 sectional. Still searching for box score…

1 Like

Mekhi Cooper with 23 as Bolingbrook beats Lincoln Way in regional opener, 65-55.

Taft State Tournament Results:

100-20 over #17 seed Shroder
112-26 over #20 seed Blanchester

Will play #6 seed McNicholas at Noon on Saturday at Mason

Evan Ipsaro with 17 in 88-29 district tournament win over Holmes.

1 Like

At this pace it will take Taft 5 games to give up as many points as they scored in the first game!! D Charlie Coles would be proud of!

1 Like

Bolingbrook, Chicago St. Ignatius, Lexington Catholic and Covington Catholic all win regional/district championships tonight. Taft plays tomorrow.

Evan Ipsaro named tourney MVP.

2 Likes

101010 Hawk, (I mean digital hawk) bless you for your thoroughness. We are gonna be good soon.

2 Likes

Hadn’t seen Kotecki mentioned in the game summaries lately. Here he is, wearing a boot.

Nice article (Jack - Sports Editor of The Miami Student).

Click on the link below or your liver will de-commit.

9 Likes

Nice to see a sports editor who doesn’t think it’s beneath him to drum up a little enthusiasm for the program!

8 Likes

Evan Ipsaro with 31 (9/9 FT) and 7 rebounds as CovCath wins the district championship with a 61-53 win over Beechwood.

3 Likes

No clue how reliable this site is (or any recruiting site), but they have us w the #2 recruiting class in the MAC.

1 Like