‘23 Commits senior season

Can’t wait until he’s wearing Red and White! Think he’s gonna get the ball the first game we play next season. Several things to be excited about and he’s one of the big “things”…

2 Likes

Help on all fronts is definitely on the way. We need to be patient.

1 Like

Evan Ipsaro with 32 points, 8 assists in 82-76 win over Louisville DeSales. Did not an attempt three point shot.

1 Like
1 Like

Popped over to watch Ipsaro last night. I was curious and Cov Cath is ten minutes away from me. Physically and as an athlete he’s a 9/10. Probably only 5’10, but built like a running back. Quick and twitchy as all get out, with great body control. He’s a true point guard in every sense. Great instincts as a passer. Unselfish to a fault at times. He could get his shot whenever he wanted and honestly could’ve had 40 no problem. I don’t think he missed a jump shot between sixteen and eighteen feet. Finished at the rim in spite of his size multiple times. The only issue of concern was he did not attempt a three. Like I said, he made every long two, but didn’t shoot a single three. Couple times I thought he’d pull and instead shot faked and drove or passed the ball. I’m not too worried about this long term since he was so efficient on mid and long range twos, but just kind of an oddity. His game is definitely a little old school. I would say we don’t have anyone currently on our roster like him.

9 Likes

Eian Elmer with 8 points, 7 rebounds and 3 blocks (foul trouble). Taft (16-2) wins the Cincinnati Metro Conference with 54-50 win over Woodward (15-3). Taft is #2 in Ohio Division 2.

3 Likes

Video

Evan Ipsaro with 28 and 8 rebounds, but CovCath loses to Louisville Male 100-89 in double overtime. CovCath now 20-3.

1 Like

Reece Potter with 14/10 double double in 54-49 win over Madison Central. LexCath now 18-3.

2 Likes

Eian Elmer with 9 points, 15 rebounds, 3 blocks in 74-41 win over Withrow on Senior Night. Gives him 1000 points for his career.

Senior teammate Hudson Norton drops 47 points to reach 1000 points for his career! Was averaging 14 points a game. Crazy.

1 Like

Evan Ipsaro with 21 in 66-34 win over Dixie Heights. CovCath now 21-3.

1 Like

Ipsaro has been on fire. 4 games left before the district tournament. Can’t wait to see him in red and white.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Friday night Evan Ipsaro had 21 points and 4 rebounds, but CovCath loses rematch with North Laurel and McDonalds AllAmerican Reed Shepherd (UK commit) 72-58.

Saturday night he had 21 points and 4 rebounds in a 70-38 win over Clay County.

1 Like
1 Like

Reece Potter with 17/10 in 65-36 win over Lexington Christian. LexCath now 26-2.

3 Likes

Bolingbrook undefeated in conference for second straight season.

Eian Elmer with 16/10 and four blocks as Taft beats Hughes 77-54 on 2/10. Taft finishes undefeated in Cincinnati Metro Athletic Conference.

2 Likes

Over a week old, but video has some Reece Potter highlights.High school basketball highlights for February 10, 2023

2 Likes