2025 Non Conference Schedule

2025 non conference schedule announced today. At Wisconsin and Rutgers, hosting UNLV and Lindenwood. Thoughts? I think the UNLV game is going to be a huge matchup and much like the UC game this year could definitely help start driving people to the games consistently if the cards are played right

1 Like

Hmm… should I go with at Piscataway or home vs UNLV for my September game? :thinking:

1 Like

Definitely gotta go with the home game for this one. UNLV was playing for a MW championship last year. Great football being played

Kinda wish we were playing Rutgers in the Chris Ash era for an easy win, but no matter. Good locations between Madison and NY metro with a presumed return date to Las Vegas in 2026 to finalize our OOC then.

Selfishly, I’m very happy with the game in Piscataway since I’m headed to Rutgers in the fall to begin grad school :laughing:

I will add my Miami jersey to my summer 2025 packing list.

4 Likes

We need our contract hunting junkies to find the UNLV one if there is a home and home.

2 Likes

I absolutely hate giving up playing home Mizzou and at UC to play at Rutgers and home UNLV

I hate it

4 Likes

If we cant afford to play the UC game every year on a home and home basis we might as well drop down to division 3 because what is the point

1 Like

Losing Missouri at home sucks (albeit not terribly surprising) but a theoretical reason for a weekend trip to Vegas in ‘26 isn’t a bad consolation prize.

6 Likes

Everyone with a brain knew Mizzou was gonna back out of that game. I just hope we got over 1m for it…

6 Likes

Mizzou is playing at UMass this year! Umass!

1 Like

According to the contract if Missouri backed out the game they owe Miami $1M, and if Miami backed out the owe Missouri $1M. Sure hope it was either mutual or Mizzou backed out cause for Miami $1M is probably about what they would get from Rutgers so they would only break even on the deal.

Wtf? Why are we like the only G5 school that sometimes gets a return date for a P5 opponent, but they delay, delay, delay and then cancel?!

3 Likes

We take the buy with interest years later. This is a recurrent theme. This is exactly why the students are not engaged with the programs. This is an admin and AD problem. This is very disappointing.

1 Like

I think some folks have a mistaken impression of what is driving the elimination of the UC series.

1. UC doesn’t want to come to Oxford! Games at Nippert are now worth millions to UC and going on the road to play quality G5 opponents is something no P4 wants to do.

2. If UC won’t come to Oxford we don’t want to go to Nippert! The going rate for a game at a P4 with no return game is knocking on the door of 1.5 million. If UC buys out of games in Oxford why would we sacrifice our pride and big bucks to play a series that doesn’t give us a fair shot?

I may be the biggest advocate of continuing the series on this board. In the past I have begun multiple threads on this issue in anticipation of this day. That having been said I don’t think our AD has a path forward that makes sense except possibly playing at Paul Brown stadium.

Sorry, I should have posted this in the UC thread. If the mods could move it I would appreciate it.

7 Likes

I’ve tried looking but the website with all the Miami football contracts still has our old 2025 schedule. Playing in Allegiant would be awesome

It’s very disappointing to lose the only real rival that draws a crowd and is regularly played early in the yr (last ~30 yrs). Maybe the MAC could be persuaded to allow us to begin playing OU earlier on a Sat (kind of like this yr) to pump up that rivalry. Playing UC will prob go back to PBS if money can be made - need to fill it or come close. Travel for both schools make it a win financially vs true travel games.

3 Likes

I’ve been saying for years that we need to be doing home and home with quality G5 opponents from the MWC, AAC, and now the Sun Belt, so I love that we have UNLV on the schedule. I think quality G5 opponents coming to Oxford will definitely drive student and fan interest. Doing this year in and year out AND limiting ourselves to one one-and-done pay day with a P4 on the road would be ideal for building fan interest in the long term IMO. Getting creamed on the road by multiple P4 opponents at the start of every season, while filling the coffers, does nothing for building fan and student interest in the long term.

3 Likes

I thought the following OOC schedule was ideal:

-1 P4 buy game
-1 UC game
-1 G5 home/home game
-1 FCS game

It seems like we might be replacing the UC game with a second P4 buy game every year.

4 Likes

Mizzou replaces us with Central Arkansas: Missouri to open 2025 season at home against FCS opponent

1 Like