2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs

And then barely two minutes into tonight’s game Foligno gets hit with a 5 minute major for interference that also gets upgraded to a game misconduct on review. The rules analyst on the broadcast said it wasn’t a major and the possibility of an ejection wasn’t even discussed. Refs definitely out for blood. Dallas gets an opening goal on the ensuing power play.

That didn’t take long.

This Boston v Florida game has been the best of the playoffs so far. Crazy entertaining.

2 Likes

Three stellar games on the card tonight. Might even take a nap to make sure I’m ready for the LA/EDM OT.

2 Likes

Kraken missed the chance to take the series at home in The Deep…game 7 back in Colorado. Hurricanes took the pressure off by winning in NY in OT. My two dogs in the hunt…

Leafs win their series somehow. Last time they made it out of Round 1 we still had Hoeppner as coach.

2 Likes

There are hundreds of Leafs fail memes online.

Oilers win last night…Vegas vs. Edmonton in next round.

Will the 2nd Round of the Playoffs start when all of the 1st Round Series are completed?..i.e. after the (2) Game 7s Sunday 4/30 and the Game 7 Monday 5/1? Not sure how the NHL handled this.

4 Likes

DEVILS got crushed at MSG. I was at game 6 in 94 when the Rangers won at the Meadowlands on their way to the one Cup since 1940. Devils swept Redwings the following year for their 1st Cup. Good times for NJ fans.

Two Game 7s tonight. I’m picking Boston and Seattle.

1 Like

Seattle’s best shot was winning at home in The Deep on Friday. It’s going to be a grind to win in Denver tonight. I hope you’re right!

Road teams are 29-18 this year in the NHL playoffs.

3 Likes

Makes me feel better. My other favorite - Carolina - took the series on OT in New York.

“Don’t test me. Don’t fucking test me. Don’t do shit after the whistle.”

Quote of the year.

1 Like

What a series comeback by Florida! You could kind of feel it was going to happen when the Panthers got about four point blank chances early in the OT - one on a breakaway.

Nice of McIlvoy to score the tying goal for Florida.

2 Likes

I wonder if Florida will print up FIRST ROUND VICTORY t-shirts?

More likely to be the Leafs! Bruins loss reminds me of Mariners first round loss in 2001 when they’d set the American League all-record for most regular season wins. Crushing for their fans!

Yes, Boston sports fans have had nothing to cheer about or celebrate throughout the 21st century

5 Likes

They can ask the Maple Leafs where they got theirs at. Course sizes are in the metric system.