2024 Spring Practice

Chucks practice update today made me laugh :joy: especially the part about how stupid his job is

7 Likes

A bit of a page from the late Mike Leach. Pulled up short of saying anything about “fat little girlfriends.” The message is similar: Pay attention, work harder, and stop reading your press clippings.

1 Like

This is what a man looks like that eats, sleeps, breathes football. He loves every moment of practice, games. Love him or hate him, you must agree he’s very entertaining. I always enjoy his interviews.

6 Likes

I love it!

2 Likes

Spring Game? Spring Scrimmage? Spring Showcase? Spring fart-around-for-an-hour-for-the-public?

Saw a practice two weeks ago… many starters out, wise and Salopek not practicing. Gabbert and Coldiron still recovering. Also Suttle and Ugwu not in the mix as well.

1 Like

The upside is that we can build some depth.

3 Likes

I think this is fairly typical of the way that Chuck runs Spring practices. Very light usage of veteran stars or guys returning from injuries. He wants them fresh and healthy for the Fall.

3 Likes

Yes. He also wants to see who among the younger players is ready to step up to the next level.

4 Likes

CM just wants the Spring Game over though. He’s ready to get to work.

So what work are you referriing to? Recruiting? yes. What else?

June, when real practice begins.

2 Likes

Sometimes when I read the motto “school is over now the learning begins” I think it should be flipped. The workforce is where a lot of people get schooled. Apple just had a huge layoff I read about right before I typed this. I know it’s off topic, but it’s the truth! Anyhow, carry on.

1 Like

OK

Well ballcoach mentioned June is when the real practice begins so maybe it’s tangential?

School is over. Now the schooling begins.
Learning is over. Now the learning begins.

Second one is stranger. That’s the winner.

When June hits, school is out for summer. No more teachers, no more books. No more teacher dirty looks

4 Likes

It’s almost as if you’re saying that when school’s out for the summer, it’s out forever.

I heard that ugwu, suttle, strader and Salopek are all dealing with shoulders.

But yes chuck gives the veterans limited reps to begin with in spring.

2 Likes

ESPN College football Future Power Rankings: Defenses.

Miami ranked 20th!

6 Likes

Chuck is making it happen. It’s undeniable.

2 Likes