2024 Pre-Season Football Poll

Miami receiving one vote:

4 Likes

Can’t remember the last time we had any votes in a preseason poll. Maybe 2004? I don’t think we had any coming off our 2010 or 2019 championship seasons.

The money I would pay for us to play CU, if nothing else for the ultimate Chuck vs Prime showdown.

2 Likes

I kinda think Chuck would tune him. Prime has all the PR, but Chuck has a magic sweater vest.

Jokes aside, we prolly would play smarter.

1 Like

Back when my son was a young athlete playing baseball, basketball, and soccer on select travel teams, Barry Sanders played for Detroit and Deion for the Cowboys. Deion, or “Prime” as he still prefers, was a gold necklace, “Look at me” personality. Barry was just the opposite. He would score and hand the ball to the official and go back to the bench. Very low key and no hint of arrogance. I told Jay that he could be a “Sanders”, either Barry or Deion. I said I much preferred he emulated Barrry’s style versus Deion’s “bright light shining on me” style. Fortunately, he was much more like Barry. For that, I was grateful.
Chuck is a Barry. Deion/Prime, was and still is a “I’m the leader of the band” guy.
But great players often are not great coaches. Deion builds his team looking for the quick fix. 40 players out in the portal, 40 in.Throw out those that don’t meet his standards. Chuck is a methodical, team building coach.Chuck will coach successfully for as long as he wants. Deion, like most of the brightest stars, glow bright for a short time and then go dark. I believe that Deion will not be a successful coach, ever, as he knows nothing about building a team from the ground up. Coach Martin, obviously, does.

2 Likes

Are we in the right thread?

Which coach as us at #25?

Poll & list of voters

Worth noting: Chuck is a voter

1 Like