2024 MAC Tournament

Winner winner chicken dinner.

3 Likes

Well, I didnā€™t expect 0 runs after 1 out in the bottom of the first but Iā€™ll take it.

Itā€™s not uncommon. Bri Pratt did it for us last year

3 Likes

Imagine if we had Vierstra or Simpson from back in the day with this team. Reeves has done an amazing job and has a hellova career coming up, but damn. This team could literally be undefeated haha

Ball State beats Toledo in a strange game. Cardinals were one out away from a run rule win, leading 9-1 with two outs in the 6th. Final score was 9-7.

Cardinals and Bobcats in about 30 minutes.

1 Like

So we get the winner of BSU/OU, who would have to beat us twice tomorrow to win the tournament.

1 Like

Bottom 5th:
BSU 5
OU 0

Looks like it could be a Redbird Rivalry Championship.

1 Like

5-1 with one on and no outs in the bottom of 7.

Ball State is hot. Theyā€™ve won 7 of their last 9 games. We only played them twice this year for some reason. Both games - played recently in Oxford - were close.

Letā€™s finish them off in game 1 tomorrow. I donā€™t want to give them two cracks at us.

1 Like

Itā€™s Ball State.

BSU must be destroyed.

2 Likes

BSU didnā€™t play until like 10 last night, had an extended delay because of the lights, lost, then had to turn around at 10:30 this morning and won 3 straight. They were the lowest seed coming into the tournament. Crazy run.

1 Like

I want to see four home runs tomorrow to tie the season record for home runs.

1 Like

I want to see 4 HRs in the first inning. Make this an easy one to watch.

1 Like

Anyone think weā€™ll actually get our game in tomorrow?

And this game comes with a very real trophy

2 Likes

Sunday looks clear. The selection show isnā€™t until 7pm, so worst case Sunday late morning or early afternoon would provide plenty of opportunity to get in the game and still allow plenty of time for the selection committee to figure out how to screw the team out of a 2-seed.

3 Likes

Looks like a small cell around 10am, but otherwise a dry day.

I am no meteorologist, but it looks to me like today could be a stop and start stop and start day whereas tomorrow looks like a more advantageous forecast.

1 Like

As of May 5, the 4 leading home run hitters this season in NCAA softball will all be playing in the MAC championship game. 1 Karli Spaid. #2 Jenna Golembiewski #3 McKayla Timmons of Ball State #4 Kate Kobayashi. Spaid has a chance to tie or break the NCAA season record of 37 homers set by Laura Espinosa of Arizona in 1995. Games are scheduled for 1:00 and 3:00 ( If we lose the first game) today. ESPN+.

Looking to me like rain mixed with lightning is in the forecast from about 2 to 8pm