2023 US Open - Los Angeles Country Club

I’m excited about this one!

1 Like

Looking forward to it. Will be out walking the course for the opening round on Thurs.

1 Like

Sweet! This can only mean Indian Ridge is one name higher on the list of courses never to host the Open. Moving on up!

1 Like

In a tie-in for @EDDIE, there’s an episode of Curb where Larry and Jeff get kicked out of their country club, and Larry and Cheryl go interview at the extremely WASPy Beverly Park Country Club. Beverly Park Country Club is a very thinly veiled LACC.

2 Likes

That was a funny episode!

More fun reading

Hole by hole flyover

The 290 yard Par 3 hole will be a challenge for sure! Mike Whan, who is the CEO of the USGA, is a Miami grad!

2 Likes

NBC isn’t even the 2nd best golf network in the U.S. IMO. ESPN, even though they only have the PGA basically (they televise the Masters but the CBS crew does the shot-by-shot), is better. Dan Hicks shouldn’t be the lead man, Azinger rarely says anything insightful, and Notah Begay shouldn’t be the on-course reporter for the final group.

Meanwhile, I’ve been really impressed with Wyndham Clark’s short game. He’s found some tough spots and except for the one whiff, he’s been on point.

Riviera has been selected for 2031.

1 Like

My late father-in-law spent years as the starter for the LA Open. Wish he were still around to see this.

1 Like

They said this about Harding Park where I live and it got a PGA. Thus, Houston Woods must still be in consideration. Even if low.