2023 Recruiting Thread

On3 ranks Miami incoming recruits as #1 in the MAC as of right now.

3 Likes

Kobi Gorman just decommited via his Twitter account.

1 Like

Gorman is a DL, so Young’s commitment wouldn’t have anything to do with it. Kinda strange that he’s backing out a day before signing day. I’m pretty sure he was the first commit of the class. Regardless, that’s a bummer. He was the highest rated member of the class.

1 Like

Gorman is a DL.

2 Likes

Ope, this what I get for skipping out on the coffee this morning. Good shout. A bummer nonetheless!

'Tis truly a bummer. Gorman was one of the highest ranked high school recruits to commit to Miami.

4 Likes

Plenty of DLs in the portal. Hopefully Martin and staff can snag one.

1 Like

And DT is a definite position of need. Hope the staff have a backup plan. I will be curious to see where Gorman signs.

1 Like

Got go portal and we have a couple back hopefully and the big red-shirt Malachi? that looked really promising.

1 Like

Our top rated recruit and one of two Ohio kids. Makes me sad

Hopefully we can add somebody late

2 Likes

Every year we see all of these fine payers commit to Miami only to see them have losing seasons 2 out of 3 years. In 9 years Chuck Martin has had 3 winning seasons (8-6, 7-6, and 2-1). 4 games over .500 in his winning seasons. Saylor has done a terrific job raising funds for Athletic improvements. Surely he can find the funds to buy out Chuck. 45 wins in 9 ears is pathetic. How many years does it take to rebuild a program at Miami? I have seen a lot of football at Miami and Chuck is only one step ahead of Treadwell.
How long do we have to tolerate this? Has there been a significant improvement year to year? Other MAC coaches have either had success or been canned. I think Chuck belongs in the latter category.

7 Likes

Welcome back, Andy!

6 Likes

It’s not pretty.

2 Likes

Clearly the key for CM is to only play 3 games a year!!

3 Likes

There’s actually a whole thread (or 3) devoted to firing Chuck Martin.

2 Likes

It would appear that there is an excellent chance it will be “rejuvenated”. :grin:

If you add non conference FBS wins and the FCS losses, it looks even worse. Also, the 1-3 in bowls stat is destroying our once excellent bowl win percentage.

2 Likes

Yep. Before CM Miami was 7-3 in bowl games - a .700 win percentage. CM’s bowl record is 1-3 - .250 - in the watered-down bowl era. That pulls Miami’s overall bowl win percentage down to .667.

3 Likes

Mr Sayler: If you’ve lost Andy Stef, you’ve lost the war.

11 Likes