2023 Recruiting Thread

We need so many more @andystef’s

5 Likes

So true. I have reached out to this guy and invited him to join MHT.

1 Like

Is there a recruiting show tomorrow? Normally I feel like we have something the early signing day

1 Like

I’m betting the kid got a better offer.

No loss there.

1 Like

Believe the show is being live-streamed on the athletics website. Think it starts at 10:15 am but if not that it’s 12:15

2 Likes

Flipped to Ohio. Ouch

1 Like

I hate losing recruits to OU. I looked at Gorman as the replacement for Ertl in another year, so to me, this is a big loss.

3 Likes

This is definitely one of the few times in Chuck’s tenure that he’s ever lost a commit to another MAC school. Not sure what happened.

2 Likes

At least he did not flip to UC where he had an offer as well. While this may not be that accurate, this site shows the DL numbers outlook at 4 for MU, 9 for OU, and 16 for UC so you would think he would have a better chance to play earlier at MU. Oh well, unfortunate loss, but hopefully we can grab some portal players at DL.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Kobi-Gorman-137108/RecruitInterests/

1 Like

Clearly, he’s a loser that makes poor decisions.

4 Likes

I know I am going to get shot down by the recruiting gurus on the board but I am shocked that we only have one player from Ohio in this class

2 Likes

Miami’s class is almost completely announced on Twitter. One glaring need not addressed: interior DL. Perhaps we address through the portal. Class is heavy on DB.

1 Like

Truthfully I am as well. Although I have always advocated get the best players available that also fit Miami academically. But it seems as though for whatever reason, the last few classes have been light on Ohio signees, which truthfully should be at least one of the foci of our recruiting.

My thoughts exactly

2 Likes

Class appears to be complete. Let’s hope we fill some holes through the portal.

1 Like

Recruits evaluate coaching situations before committing. Miami has a head coach who has been at the school for 9 seasons with only mediocre results. He’s coming off a losing season at 6-7, is not a hot commodity for a promotion to a P5 school and has a short term contract with an increasingly modest buyout. Recruits like Gorman might be taking that into consideration when they sign.

Ohio’s Albin’s stock shot up this year for winning the East, finishing 9-4 and heading to the bowl game as a favorite.

1 Like

So it looks like we signed one player from Ohio - from Barberton - and none at all from Southwest Ohio where we’re located. Interesting.

1 Like

That is a huge problem. Not signing 1 player from SW Ohio. Don’t think Martin will be let go before his contract is up.

Unless he has a 8 win + season his contract should not be extended. He has had more than enough time…

2 Likes

Recruits are told throughout the recruiting process. Don’t fall in love with a coach. Fall in love with the school/ program/ fit. I know you like to blame CM for everything. The problem is none of us have any idea why recruits do what they do. Ohio had a great season last year so I’m sure that doesn’t hurt with their recruiting. Not all offers are even committable. He may have wanted to go to Cincinnati but it was possibly not a committable offer. No way to know unless you are in the family.

3 Likes