2023 PG Evan Ipsaro (Miami Offer)

The last 5 hs recruits to Miami:

Isparo (PG) Mabry (SG) Smith (SF) Rylee (PF) Morris (C)

Time will tell, we haven’t seen any of these guys at the D1 level, but I’m optimistic this is a lineup that can win big in the MAC in a couple years. Not to mention Harrison and Lewis are only sophomores this year.

3 Likes

Noticed Evan’s commitment tweet has over 600 likes. Hope the Miami ticket office staff is getting to know him quickly.

1 Like

The way this guy is play’n maybe add name to list, hard to say based on competition (and ole D to not hurt DI commits, maybe).

But looking good.

1 Like

They specified HS recruits. Safford is playing well, but is a transfer.

1 Like

“Not to mention Lewis (a transfer) and Harrison…”

So, yeah…I’m just saying if these HS guys get a year under their belt, add Safford in this as we get this year and next with him to hopefully make a real run his senior year (I mean how long do you want to us to wait to be good? LOL).

So far Safford looks to be the most immediate impact of the soph/junior class (granted hard to tell…from these clips, but his stroke is a smooth shot).

3 Likes
1 Like

Reece Potter and Evan Ipsaro both included in Lexington Herald Leader’s preseason Kentucky Top Ten.

2 Likes

20 pts. in season opening win over Simon Kenton.

3 Likes

32 last night

2 Likes

Our diminutive point guard with a huge Ohio Bobcat connection!

Whatever happened to Mike? Last thing I see is his induction into the Miami HOF in 1995. After Miami he worked for Tates Locke for a season at Clemson and in 1973 he was apparently the Head Coach at Fairliegh Dickinson.

OU named their new baseball stadium after his dad.

2 Likes

To keep the season update thread from getting to crowded, here are some highlights of Ipsaro from the win yesterday

Pull up 3 off the dribble

Doubled before the end of the quarter and finds the open man with a beautiful left handed pass (that off ball screen is a beautiful play by their coach to get a shooter wide open)

Scores 5 straight

2 Likes

Are these guys signed and therefore on the team next year for sure or can you transfer out while signing an LOI

They have signed to play for us starting next season. We are getting two quality point guards in Ipsaro and Cooper. Getting size up front. With this years class, we will be in a great position to have some quality seasons to look forward to.
But then again, I’m always optimistic. For the most part. Is hard to do at times. However, this is not one of those times.