2023 MAC Transfer Portal

I saw the end of an Ohio State game during the Big 10 tourney when Holtmann emptied the bench with just enough time left to run out the clock. Kalen Etzler got in, and I wondered if that might have burned his redshirt? He seemed pretty buried on the bench.

2 Likes

The one guy left on the roster.

fresh-prince-room

2 Likes

Nick-add Brenton Mills, BGSU

Miami-Wil Stevens is in the portal.

I dont understand how Wil Stevens is in the portal. Wasnt he a senior walk on? Could my daughter go in the portal- she hasnt used up her eligibility

2 Likes

He’s only been a walkon two three years…probably has two years eligibility to give it a try somewhere as a grad student (smart guy it seems).

He played a bit at reasonably high NCAA D1 level this year…could go D2 or low D1, you never know.

Kudos to him and smart if getting grad degree.

And yes your daughter could enter the portal…anyone with eligibility I assume can. :wink:

1 Like

The one thing that coach Steele did this year that I think should give all walk on’s hope is that short of injury, he played the entire bench. Literally every player got in at some point. When does that ever happen? Granted, going forward, we will be much improved so the minutes might reduce, but my honest sense is that he treats walkon’s the same as scholarship players. That seems rare. Put another way, without this, Will might not have any tape to show for his time at Miami in the portal.

Nick-Prince Mosengo, Arkon has entered the portal.

1 Like

Nick-add Kooper Jacobi, J. Wallace, Elijah Wilson, Cooper Davis-Toledo. All 4 entered the portal this morning.

Toledo up to 5 transfers now

1 Like

Ball State- G Luke Bumbalough just entered the portal.

Why do I think that one of these years, we will simply be tracking players who did NOT enter the transfer portal?

I heard maybe Findley.

1 Like

Peyton Sparks of Ball State just entered the portal!!

Kaleb Thornton - NIU
Jalen Windham - BSU

2 Likes

He entered last year but after the coaching change he withdrew his name.

Billy in portal

1 Like

I think he could thrive in a D2 program, lots of small schools in Indiana.

1 Like

Had offers from West Point, E. Illinois, Bellarmine and IUPUI before committing to Miami.

1 Like

Smith??

2 Likes