2023 Eian Elmer (Miami Commit)

He was a good one!

3 Likes

I took my son to one game in Millett in which TL scored (as best I recall) 10 points—all on dunks.

1 Like

And he could jump. I guess his game never evolved.

1 Like

I remember him going off for 30 in a game once (CMU?). Weird.

6 Likes

This is super cool! Staff continues to impress.

3 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Another nice recruit. Long, athletic, will block shots. Can score around the basket, but also a decent mid-range and 3 point shot.

This coaching staff has more momentum right now than any coaching staff has had at Miami in the last 20 years. Jack Owens got off to a decent start with Sibande, Adaway, Brown, and Ringo, but that doesn’t compare to this. Since Travis Steele took over April 1, he retained 2 hs recruits who committed to Owens and has received 9 commitments, 6 high school recruits and 3 D1 transfers.

Steele and this coaching staff seem to understand things that were always missing with Cooper and Owens. They know how to sell Miami, they know how to establish culture and they know how to build team camaraderie.

8 Likes

Travis seems to be enjoying his time so far…the social media and team building seems way up (maybe it was there)…but this just sells better or at least gives off a more big time, yet family “vibe.”

Hope he’s able to get some early success on court to get some people at games.

3 Likes

Welcome Eian! Happy to see another local kid from a great program pick Miami

2 Likes

Travis and his staff are worth more than every penny they’re getting paid…even before the season officially tips-off.

2 Likes

They seem to be batting around .400 with the targets they are recruiting (if I may mix metaphors). The guys they are getting all look like real D1 players. One thing Max noted that can’t be stressed enough: Length. Huge for defense (et. al.) in the current game.

2 Likes
6 Likes

latest prephoops rankings has Eian listed as the #11 player in Ohio and the #2 PF in the 2023 class.

1. Devin Royal, Pick Central, PF - Ohio State
  2. Dailyn Swain, Aficentric, SF - Xavier
  3. George Washington III, CJ, G - Michigan
  4. Gabe Cubbs, Centerville, G - Indiana
  5. Lawrent Rice, Wayne, G - Murray State
  6. Austin Parks, St. Mary’s Memorial, C - Ohio State
  7. Marlon Barnes Jr., Brush, SF - Pitt
  8. Lance Hayes, SVSM, G - Kent
  9. Chase Walker, St. Charles, C - Illinois State
  10. Amire Robinson, Buchtel, SF - Nevada
    11) EIAN ELMER, TAFT, PF - MIAMI
  11. Will Maxwell, Oakwood, G - undecided
  12. Chico Johnson, Toledo Central Catholic, G - Drake
  13. Khoi Thurmon, Buchtel, G - IPFW
  14. Donovan Hunter, Spire, PF - Kent
2 Likes

Elmer with 27/15/4/4 as Taft wins battle for first place over Woodward, 90-84 in 2OT.

1 Like

How good is Akron Buchtel with two guys on that list?

Only #31 in Division 2 poll (MaxPreps). 6-4, 3-0 in league. Maybe they’re a tournament team.