2023 Cure Bowl

I’m trying to find “App State” on the Iphone’s app section!

1 Like

I bet theirs is better than ours. In fact, I don’t even think we even have one.

An Orlando game will be a great drawing card for Miami recruits in the southeast.

BTW, the beaches are an hour away scattered along the Space Coast. There is a great visitation opportunity at The Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.

BTW, the stadium at UCF is locally known as The Bounce House due to students jumping up and down…it does make the stadium shake a bit.

1 Like

Great point in recruits. Some of our top players are from the Southeast right now - Gage, KD,Aveon. Friz, Quez, Rashad and more. We don’t do much recruiting in either Boise or Tucson.

Blues…I tried too. Couldn’t find them. wtf? When you find it call me on your land line dial phone and I’ll try to try to program it on my folding phone. Might have to get one of my kids to help.

1 Like

For those of you unfamiliar with App, they do have one of the strangest fight songs in the FBS.

Here it is performed:

https://www.google.com/search?q=app+state+fight+song&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:c16eb3a1,vid:7scyjlMhGCI,st:0

1 Like

We’re the second MAC team to play in this bowl. Coastal beat NIU 47-41 in 2021. Last year’s game was played in Explora Stadium, a downtown professional soccer stadium similar to the one we played in at Frisco. This years game is moving out to UCF’s Bounce House.

https://www.curebowl.com/

2 Likes

I mentioned a few things to do during a visit to this bowl on the ‘roll call’ topic.
The beaches are close.
New Smyrna Beach is considered “Orlando’s Beach.”
A great place to visit, with a wonderful Smyrna Dunes Park (and view of Ponce Inlet), a great Florida-vibe commercial street on Flagler Avenue, and lots of beaches, including access to the northern stretch of Canaveral National Seashore.

1 Like

All of that sounds great, but having grown up off a major exit on 71 in Ohio, I have a real soft spot for chain restaurants, and if I fly 3k miles to this game, I need to know my needs will be met. Do you have any Houlihan’s? What about Macaroni Grille or Don Pablo’s. Maybe a regional chain like “The Kooky Crab” or the like? Throw me a bone here.

We thought Beef O’Bradys was your fav!

1 Like

It’s prolly better than the over priced Gastro pubs I’ve had to deal with!

Before clicking the link, I was expecting this:

2 Likes

Not sure about Houlihan’s, but they have a local sports bar chain called Houligan’s.
Decent place.
Very good wings.
Called Wally Wings.

Tell me they have Jalepeno Poppers there. Lie if you must.

2 Likes

I wonder if their band plays this in the stands?

LOL!
Love the ASU jingle.
Hot! Hot! Hot!
Sounds like the intro to a bad early ‘70’s sitcom!!

4 Likes

App State is in the MAC…for Field Hockey

2 Likes

It might be the best thing I’ve seen in a long while. I do wish that there was a professor or the like doing an equation on the chalk board and they can’t figure out the answer so they look up, address camera, smile and shrug their shoulders. Also, a guy riding his bike into a ditch because he spent too long looking at a hot coed would help. I lifted that from Three’s Company but you get my point.

1 Like

Remember this former RedHawk? Hasn’t played at App this season as the backup punter/holder.

You’re in luck, numero cinco. There are Twin Peaks restaurants all over Florida. And the name isn’t a reference to the David Lynch television series. ;D

2 Likes