2023-24 schedule

2023-24 Hockey Schedule - Miami University RedHawks (miamiredhawks.com)

1 Like

The quality of this OOC schedule is what I feared when Sayler pulled the plug on travel out east. Six (6!!) games against Atlantic Hockey and two against a CCHA bottom feeder and Arizona State. Well, I guess Bergeron has greased the skids as much as he can to save his job. I expect nothing worse than 7-3, maybe 6-4 for OOC. Anything less against the dregs of college hockey and he should be canned mid-season.

Back to lurking.

1 Like

Aren’t we the dregs of college hockey?

2 Likes

After an opening series trip to Big Rapids, no OOC travel except a New Years week trip to Buffalo. Interesting.

Outside of the home & home over Thanksgiving its the reverse of last year’s OOC home/away schedule.

1 Like

We should be using every bit of lobbying clout that we have to get a renewed Ohio Cup. Even if it’s in Columbus every year, it would still be a huge fan and interest draw while eating up almost none of the travel budget.

1 Like

Who is opposing this and why?

1 Like

OSU has blackballed us off their schedule because they got butthurt over Rico running up the score the last couple of games. But I guess we were not allowed to be upset over them blowing up our entire conference. That’s my understanding, and there might be more to the bad relationship that I’m not aware of.

My hunch is that BG would agree to whatever OSU wants. We’d accept it in a heartbeat, so OSU seems to be the roadblock. Their AD has been there forever, so maybe after he retires, there might be an opening. It’s just stupid that the three Ohio programs don’t play each other.

1 Like

But we’re not butt hurt over 76-5? Yeah right.

I’m not butthurt over it. Doug Costin doing the O-H is forever legendary.

2 Likes

Google Bowling Green U vs Ohio State U men’s ice hockey.
They’ve played home and home most years since the late 90’s thru last December.
So, If OSU wants Miami left out BG would have nothing to say is my guess.

Let’s let bygones be bygones. After all, there was a time Miami and Ohio State were in the same sports conference. Granted, it was 1912, but still.

BUGS is obviously still butthurt over our recruitment of Will Cullen which in hindsight was a fantastic deal for us. I mean, in return for getting blackballed from playing a MAC rival and our second closest road trip for lord knows how long, we got 7 games out of the guy before he bolted. That’s quality coaching right there. I am amused to read how BUGS will take cues from tOSU when both programs hate us for completely different reasons. Insert one of Lurker’s standard derogatory comments about our coaching staff here. On a positive note, we do have 6 games against Atlantic Hockey teams this season.

Apologies to the group, my snark level is in the danger zone right now. I probably shouldn’t be posting, but it’s somewhat therapeutic for me.

Back to lurking.

2 Likes

Maybe Atlantic Hockey is our de-facto conference level right now. I would consider playing those six games the result of several seasons of tiering.

No sweat.

Sick burn, bro!

1 Like

We were the only team to have a lead against OSU for basically the entire 2019 regular season if I recall correctly. My sister got married in Telluride, CO that day, I saw we were up 5-0 after the ceremony and told my family that I’d sprint down the mountain naked if Miami won; unfortunately yet fortunately that did not happen.

2 Likes

The safety that gave us a 2-0 lead.

3 Likes

I was in the upper deck right above the play. That and Sam’s FG on the next series were as exciting as it got. 85 degrees and muggy the whole game until the thunder mercifully put an end to it. The 27-16 game I attended in 2000 was a lot more fun.

A preview of things to come for all Bears fans

4 Likes