2022 WF Bobby Durkin (Miami Offer)

Bobby Durkin is a 6-7 WF from Glenbard West in Illinois. Glenbard is one of the top HS in the nation (finished #1 in Illinois/State Champs and #6 in nation with only loss to Sierra Canyon). His team this season had 6-9 Braden Huff (Gonzaga), 6-5 Caden Pierce (Princeton), 6-4 Paxton Warden (walk-on at Illinois), 6-8 Ryan Renfro (Army). Durkin was 2nd Team All-State (Class 4A)

Twitter Profile @bobby_durkin

YOUTUBE HIGHLIGHTS

247 Sports PROFILE:
Verbal Commits PROFILE:

OFFERS; MIAMI, Eastern Illinois, Western Illinois, Army, Wright State

2 Likes

22 right? Not 23.

1 Like

'22…unless he’s headed prep…think he is headed our way…just a guess.

1 Like

… Fresh off an Illinois state title, unsigned senior Bobby Durkin is waiting it out to see what offers he can collect before he makes his college decision in May. For programs looking to fill a last minute roster spot, Durkin would be worth the grab. At a burly 6-foot-5, Durkin can initiate an offense through pressure, score through traffic on drives, and reliably drill the long range jumper off the catch or bounce. There is a lot to like with his versatility and winning background.

1 Like

I’m starting to see a pattern with who Steele is looking to get. They all shoot the ball well from outside and can stretch defenses. Based on Steele’s Twitter activity, he seems to be a fan of pro-style offenses and I would guess we’ll see a lot of off ball screens, moving shooters around, and trying to get scorers open looks.

3 Likes

I don’t understand all the things you mention Jive because everything I learned about basketball I learned from Kurtis Blow. Also, I’m not sure Kurtis knew much either. Kurtis Blow - Basketball (Official Video) - YouTube

“Ball screens”, “open looks”, “moving shooters around”. Speak English, sir!

3 Likes

Personally, I could fuck around and get a triple double.

2 Likes

I don’t know what a pro style offense is. But I’m ok being in the dark. Because my favorite play is the alley oop.

1 Like

He’s listed as 6-5 in some reports and 6-7 in others…I see he knocked down seven 3-pointers in one game this past season.

1 Like

He set his highschool’s record for 3’s made in a season

4 Likes

Fletch had the same exact problem. I have no idea how old you are but I might have just dated myself.

2 Likes

Not sure why Skins feels Durkin may be headed our way, but I hope so. When I look back at some of our great teams of the past, we always had a couple guys who could knock it down from long range.

2 Likes

Those teams are so far in the distant past, I can’t recall who ever made shots for us.

1 Like

Has he had any other visits?

Haven’t seen any come up

From Chicago SunTimes, 4/15/22.

“This weekend Durkin will take an official visit to Wright State as many others are interested.”

Wow - a bit surprising…
MU is a major campus and WSU is a commuter school.
I hope he thinks about degree and not NBA.
(But even then, WSU does not make me think NBA)

2 Likes

Didn’t Wright state make the ncaa tourney? Unfortunately their program is in better shape than ours currently someone could argue

1 Like

I don’t disagree with NCAA tourney stat, but that will not get you your nice job typically. Also, I believe Miami will make a come back.

1 Like