2022 Season - How many Wins?

Guess I didn’t realize that we’d be paying someone like Northwestern a million or so to come to Oxford? That’s what it sounds like. I thought our “payout” to them was two home games the could make a lot of money on.

So educate me a bit…are all OCC games payout games one way or the other? We’re paying FCS teams and P/5 teams to come to Oxfotd?

What about other G/5 games like UC? We’re paying them and they’ve been paying us/

What about if/when we schedule other G/5 games in the future for home and home? We paying each other or do they cancel out?

My understanding is that in a home and home with Western Kentucky there will be minor fees exchanged in the home and home years to cover travel - but there are cancellation fees so that we dont play at WKU in 2028 and then they never return

But the one and done games with Robert Morris or Long Island we have to pay them pretty big money and we get huge money when we play at UK or Wisconsin or wherever

So imagine if UK offers you two road games you could get almost $3m but if they offered you a home and home you would only get the money generated from the home game at Yager or Pbs (less the rental fee)

This topic seems to be being discussed on multiple threads, including the Liberty MTSU, the How Many Wins and the Future Schedule threads. Here’s what I asked Jive in response to his position expressed on the other thread that scheduling other G5 teams doesn’t work.

“I here what you’re saying but how are other MAC schools managing to work in some distant G5 games or one for three P5 games and apparently surviving but Miami can’t seem to make it work?”

1 Like