2022 Football Transfer Portal - Other Teams

He is a walking commercial for SOS Heating & Cooling though.

3 Likes

Wonder if he has a brother named Dewarmest?

2 Likes

So far, there are 945 entered in the portal. 25 have committed. So 2.65% of those entered.

2 Likes

Last year, 2247 entered the portal. 68 withdrew from the portal. 1459 committed, or 65%. So 35% of those entering the portal ended up not going anywhere.

2 Likes

1000% this. They all think itā€™s going to be gold. No different than when scamster shoots me an email saying ā€œI trust that you are wellā€ and I find myself thinking ā€œwhy on Earth would you put your trust in that?ā€ The only way this portal gets stranger is if you have it run as an auction and have to spend NLI money by raising your number on camera to get the kid you want. Hmmmā€¦.maybe thatā€™s my new tv show idea!

1 Like

I donā€™t understand how they can transfer again and be eligible immediately without sitting out a year.

I thought the new rules clarified you get a one-time transfer without sitting out.

Can someone explain?

Are these guys using the grad transfer rule somehow?

2 Likes

Fire sale at Kent State now that Sean Lewis is gone.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not entirely clear what Daniels would be doing to avoid sitting a year. He already got a one-time waiver to be immediately eligible when he transferred from USC to UGA after the 2019 season, when he was lost for the year tearing his ACL in the first game. I assume the NCAA figured that being out for all but about one half of one game was close enough to sitting a year that it was okay for him to play immediately.

He transferred from UGA to WVU with immediate eligibility because he was a graduate student.

Reporting now suggests that because he didnā€™t officially take a medical redshirt in 2019 (instead getting that immediate eligibility waiver), heā€™s going to apply to have 2019 designated a medical redshirt year retroactively, which would apparently make him immediately eligible. Basically double-counting that year as ā€œsat for a yearā€ purposes.

IMO, the guy should just go to a 1-AA school on a beach and enjoy life. Again, heā€™s basically been a full-time football-playing professional since about 8th grade.

3 Likes

He should just go work for his uncle Lem Motlow. Nothing wrong with the whisky business.

1 Like

But how does this benefit the P5?

2 Likes

Colin Schlee into the portal at Kentā€¦

Kent has some decent players. We should see who is worth grabbing!!

1 Like

Wondering the same thing.

Per my suggestions above, the total number of transfers needs to be capped. 2 maximum, only once as a graduate student. He should not be allowed to even muck up some FCS QB room. Heā€™s had his chances. He should have to stay with WVU if he wants to use last year of eligibility or retire/quit.

2 Likes

Might go to Notre Dame with his dad?

24/7 says heā€™s going to Oklahoma.

I personally have no problem with guys transferring as many times as they want to. But Iā€™m curious how Daniels manages not to sit a year, which like I said, seems unclear at this time.

Wow! Six 4 star players from the University of Florida have jumped into the portal in the past 24 hours!

Because the NCAA doesnā€™t enforce their rules in a consistent manner. I agree he should have to sit based on what the current requirement is, but as you pointed out, it looks like his camp is trying to game the system and the NCAA lets high profiles get away with it, where some third stringer at South Alabama better make sure heā€™s dotted all the Iā€™s and crossed all his Tā€™s or he will sit a year. Sometimes they even treat the high profileā€™s differently like when they made Eason sit a year at Oregon but gave waivers to Martell and Fields.

On the unlimited transfer, I have to disagree if we want college football to be something different and special from professional, and Iā€™m the father of a kid who took advantage of the portal last year.

5 Likes