2019 C Nolan Causwell (Miami Offer/Tenn. Tech Commit)

Per twitter and verbal commits, Miami has offered 6-10 Juco Center Nolan Causwell. Causwell is originally from Duluth, Georgia and is finishing his JUCO career at Laramie County CC. He played the 2019-20 season at Gulf Coast State and then played two seasons at Laramie County (1 Covid year).

Per VC he has offers from Miami, Tennessee Tech, Southern Indiana, Austin Peay, St. Francis, Redford, Hofstra, Iona

Nolan is son of Duane Causwell, a former NBA plater who spent 11 seasons in the league with the Sacramento Kings and the Miami Heat

2 Likes

This is something I could get behind. Bring in some JUCO’s and even if it’s a patch it’s a better chance of winning than the straight from HS approach.

If he can win I will be proud to see him wear the red and white. But again, it’s early still and I have a 5 win total staked so I would hate to disrupt that.

Where did Kenny Hayes come from- I thought that was JUCO

Cincinnati State (and Northmont for high school), which is JUCO, but different from recruiting a kid from Georgia in terms of program identity IMO.

Ringo came from JUCO

3 Likes

I didn’t know there were JUCO’s in England. Is that where he met Paul, John and George?

4 Likes

He went to Cincinnati State. I think that is a junior college. Also, what about Alex Shorts or John Estick?

What about Miami’s first ever JUCO, Al “Spider” Watkins? I was in Bloomington when IsiahThomas made his Indiana debut. On his first trip up court Watkins stripped him and converted the easy layup. That was the highlight of the game for us. All downhill after that.

2 Likes

Hayes, Shorts, Estick were names that I forgot that were contributors coming out of JUCO.

I liked Hayes the best of those three.

Alvin “Al” Watkins, previously of Shawnee State. Good player on a mediocre team.

1 Like

Joe was also a transfer on that team.

Those 3 freshmen were eventually starters as Seniors on a MAC championship team, featuring sophomore Ron Harper.

2 Likes

Oh, what a tangled web we weave . . .

1 Like

My uncle wears a fantastic weave.

Causwell region 8 juco honorable mention.

1 Like

PS. Ira Newble,JUCO…one Miami’s best.

1 Like

I cleaned up this thread a lot. I really don’t hate the conversation, but don’t have it in a recruiting thread. You’re welcome to open a new discussion somewhere in here: Men's Basketball - MiamiHawkTalk

Commits to Tenn. Tech

2 Likes