$2.44 per gallon

Today at Clarks in Sidney.

1 Like

What is the cheapest gas price you can remember? It seems it was always $0.59 a gallon when I was a kid, but then we went down South on vacation and I saw it at $0.47 and I thought that was crazy low.

1 Like

I worked at a gas station for a year or so. I remember when premium was $0.42. I thought the owner was gouging at that price. Considering how many years it’s been, the $2.54 I saw in a local newspaper picture is actually less than the $.42 in 1970. With inflation, that small sum would be $3.24 today.

7 Likes

Everyone should have to pass this quiz to get a social media account :joy:

Crazy fluctuations: it was $2.90 in Oxford at around 7 am yesterday, but $3.19 at around 5 pm

2 Likes

I paid 18 cents a gallon in Ecuador in 1987.

1 Like

The summer after I graduated in 1971 I bought a brand new Plymouth Cricket from the Oxford Chrysler dealer for $2,100. I filled it up with 29 Cents a gallon gas and drove it to my new $6,938 a year federal claims representative trainee job in Hamilton. My rent in Mr. Brown’s trailer park on the College Corner Pike was $100 a month.

I moved to a fancy new two-bedroom apartment in a complex with a pool, clubhouse and tennis court in Fairfield in September and started paying $125 a month in rent.

Everything is relative. And I can’t remember what I had for breakfast yesterday.

Yeah, here in east side Cincy we went from $2.65 to $3.19 yesterday.

2 Likes

Been fluctuating between $3.04 and $3.39 here in Maine.

Les:

How much were oats when you took your horse to Oxford?

Whippersnapper!

1 Like

32.9 for FireChief at J&J Texaco in Greenhills–suburban Cincy back in 1972. Got down to $24.9/gal (I think) when there were gas price wars! Imagine that!!! Worked there from freshman year in high school almost to when I graduated from Miami. Used to thumb home and work weekends for pizza and album money.

In today’s world saw $2.75 Friday in C/Bus and today up to $3.20/gal.

Gallon of gas and pack of cigs in 1965----each hit $.28…I was buying both at the time.

2 Likes

$.059 the first time I paid in 1979 but recall “gas wars” in the 60s in Detroit area where price dropped to a penny

I don’t want to scare you guys with my California gas prices

2 Likes

White Castle.

1 Like

Just filled up at Sam’s in SW Ohio. $2.58 I believe. No lines.

Then spent $70 on unneeded items inside.

3 Likes

Pasture land was plentiful. Parking for the buggy was the drawback.

1 Like

So Wednesday the gasoline price at the station next to McDonalds in Minster ( eat breakfast there most mornings) was $2.74. Thursday it had jumped to $3.29. Friday ( today) it was back down to $2.79…Now the 55 cent increase in one day is not unusual for this station. In the past it would then gradually drop back down about 50 cents over a period of maybe 3 weeks. The 50 cents drop in a day was something entirely new.

2 Likes

I didn’t know you were a fan of Scottish Fusion food. You know burritos and French fries with some of their fare from Ireland as well (Shamrock shakes). We were in Edinboro and I went there for an early morning bite before a tour. I brought a bag back to the family as they were sleeping in. When I told the bellmen at The Balmoral I was delighted to stumble upon a Scottish fusion restaurant, the one man said “McDonalds? Scottish fusion?” And then just laughed and laughed. You’re welcome, people of Scotland.