Western Michigan at Miami 7:00 Tuesday

Now 15-18 from the line. Big improvement!

Keep playing Avance

3 Likes

We are 5 points better at home than an 0-13 MAC team with 20 losses overall. Pop the champagne cork!

1 Like

Huzzah! Weā€™re still just the second worst team in the conference!

Dae Dae with some stat stuffing!

UT spanked Ohio again. You love to see it.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to see Miami do the spankingā€¦interestingly, I noticed that Ball State beat up UT as well.

Hey at least Miami got a winā€¦sad to celebrate as UT and OU close in on 20 wins with nearly 10 games to goā€¦but, hey Miami actually won a game.

Regardless of how good or bad Miami is, itā€™s always a good day when OU loses.

This is trueā€¦any update on Dalonte during the game?

Dalonte Brown was in uniform and went through warmup drills with the team. I would describe his movement as tentative. Old School Scholar said on the pregame show they said that Dalonte would not play tonight but they were hoping he might be ready on Saturday vs BG. He did not look ready to play to me, but we can hope for Saturday.

Tonight we gave good minutes to Harrison, Williams, and Avance. That is a good thing, they all have talent and will get a lot better with consistent playing time. White was just terrible offensively, as he has been most of the time this year. His only role should be to come off the bench to guard the other teams best wing scorer while the starters get a break. One of the biggest issues with this team is all the time that this staff has wasted starting and playing White and McNamara and now they are Seniors and they have never developed into solid D-1 players. Play those 3 new players, they bring more enthusiasm, hustle, and all 3 look to have solid D-1 talent.

Dae Dae was the big difference tonight. He was on a higher level than anybody else on the court.

2 Likes

At the time you typed this, almost every free throw had been taken by Grant or Lairy. Mekhi is first in the MAC and Dae Dae is third in the MAC in free throw shooting. Combined they are right around 90% on the season. So I think the reason our percentage was so high is because of who was getting fouled and going to the line.

1 Like

In 13 minutes Avance was +11. We were -6 in the 27 minutes he didnā€™t play. In conference play this season, weā€™re -92 in 384 minutes where he isnā€™t on the floor and +25 in 106 minutes where he is on the floor.

Heā€™s averaging 15.1 points, 6.0 rebounds, and 1.9 steals per 40 with 45.2/53.8/83.3 shooting splits.

Pleading with the coaching staff to give him more playing time.

4 Likes

Good deal (re Dalonte)ā€¦at least sign of coming back. Wrap that ankle in kiniesology tape, braceā€¦tape does wonders.

I agree in terms of Whiteā€™sā€¦less Dalonte we are limited offensively, White adds to thatā€¦need more Avance and hope for more production from Kamari.

1 Like