Way Too Early MAC East Predictions 2023 Season

@Dick That’s not the game Redsea was talking about. His reference was to Ohio State’s win at Northwestern in absolutely brutal wind conditions.

Yes, l see that now.

1 Like

what Mac West teams we play 2023

2 Likes

If the MAC holds to their lazy schedule method: NIU at home, WMU and BSU away.

2 Likes

We beat Northwestern, which means we’re also better than Nebraska, which means we’re better than Iowa, which means we’re totally better than Kentucky.

Take that, UK!

Ohio
Buffalo
Bowling Green
Miami / Akron
Kent State

2 Likes

Hard to argue though I really feel like both Buffalo and Bowling Green overachieved this year. I think those were both bad losses. An underachieving Kent team has been decimated and will likely be rebuilding next year. I think we should be a top 2 team in the East but it will require us to replace our top 2 WR’s and develop an offense that consistently scores in the upper 20’s.

Bowling Green’s recent portal departures hurt. They’ll have some holes to fill

1 Like

We could as easily win the division as we could finish last.

As easy to be last? . Hope that is not the case.

Kent has been hit the hardest and should be the primary contender for the bottom rung of the MAC East next fall.

Aside from losing their head coach, they have 17 players in the outbound portal and none inbound. Seven of their outbounds have already committed to P5 programs. Star RB Marquis Cooper transferred to Ball State. One player transferred down to FCS at Stony Brook.

2 Likes

We have 9 out of 11 starters(20 of top 22) back from the MAC’s best defense.

We have 8 out of 11(17 out of top 22) including the pre-season MAC player of the year, who missed the substantial majority of the season, back.

We were favored to win last year. Why wouldn’t we be favored to win this year?

2 Likes

Chuck and the OC…

4 Likes

Our receiving corps has lost two excellent players but we have added a receiver from Notre Dame.

Our linebacking corps has lost a true leader but we will get back Mr. Wise who looked like a tremendously versatile and disruptive force when he was healthy.

Mr. Saunders will bemissed but our whole defensive backfield was having their first year playing together and everyone else on the two deep is back.

I was surprised that we were preseaon favorites to win the east in 2022. I will be more surprised if we don’t win in 2023

2 Likes

Akron, Kent State and BG should not be factors. Buffalo and ohio should be solid but I like our chances.

6-6.

7-6

1 Like

8-4 or better. OOC schedule has 2 wins at least and 6 MAC wins = 8 wins.

1 Like

Minimum expectation for the regular season- but a final record of 8-5 or 8-6 would not be acceptable. Given the schedule, a final record I would deem successful in year 10 would be 9-4… which would mean either a win in the MACC or a bowl win.

1 Like

With our returnees and stability in program, 8 wins minimum in regular season should be attained.

Real success would be 8-4 regular season w wins in MAC championship and a bowl games to get to 10 wins for first time in Chuck’s long tenure.

1 Like