UC GAME

Why God created ESPN+.

4 Likes

Lairy isnā€™t strong enough to guard Dejulius. May need to move Safford on him.

Too many turnovers early.

I k is it is tough as a mid major to do but we have to recruit some thicker body post players besides Anderson.

2 Likes

We are forcing way to much into the teeth of the UC defense

1 Like

Well, sadly, this is going about as I would have expected.

Random note: is Verne Lundquist the voice of the ā€œThis is the American Conferenceā€ ads? It seems odd that the voice of CBS (and thus the ā€œSEC IS BEST AND NO ONE ELSE MATTERSā€ guy) would be the voice of a non-power conference commercial.

1 Like

Our defense is quite bad this game. Porous.

Defense is awful. Lewis looks really bad.

2 Likes

Really disappointed in the defense.

Defense is bad, but itā€™s really the turnovers that are killing us.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not upset we are losing I expected that. But our fundamentals are really lacking on both ends this game.

2 Likes

We have 9 turnovers at the half. That is awhile games worth.

Lewis needs to come out. He is hurting us.

Morris with a couple really nice passes second half.

1 Like

Would be awesome if we got hot and they got cold!

We need to find a 6ā€™11ā€ Eastern European!! :grinning:

2 Likes

When we are bad- we are bad

1 Like

Theyā€™re denying Mirambeaux the ball at the top of key and thereā€™s been no adjustment.

1 Like

The team, usually the point guard, should know what the alternative trigger is to start the offense. Coaches shouldnā€™t have to make that adjustment.

A bigger issue is weā€™ve allowed one of the worst teams in Division 1 at forcing turnovers to force 13 turnovers and score almost 20 points off of those turnovers. And many of those were unforced. I would tell Lewis and Safford that once you get in the lane, you need to think score first, pass second. Jump stop, shot fake, up and under, or get up and draw the foul.

The largest issue is not playing hard enough on defense. Weā€™re not very quick laterally and when Mirambeaux is on the floor, it might as well be 5 on 4 because heā€™ll play drop coverage on every pick and roll giving the ballhandler (DeJulius tonight) free looks. We need to fight through screens harder. And defensive transition is a disaster, not just tonight. We need to seriously think about only sending 1-2 guys to the boards so we can get back in transition because weā€™re not a fast team.

Patience.

3 Likes

The one positive we are seeing tonight is what our rotation will look like the rest of the year if healthy.