UC fball decommits

Checked UC’s 24/7 commit/decommit page. They now have 9 decommits. Three 4*. Seven entered after Fickell left. Several have Miami offers and/or attend a HS that we recruit or have our own current players or commits.
Hope we can snag a couple of them. They still have a very good class remaining (14 players) but these decommits hurt–a lot. Will some recommit after UC hires a coach? Probably. But it sure is nice to see them get hammered, although new coach may bring in more 3-4*.

2 Likes

I’m sure some of them will be receiving Wisconsin offers shortly, if they haven’t already.

3 Likes

I’d imagine if the new coach is someone other than Sanders, we might snag 1 or 2.

Thanks for looking into this. It looks like about half had a Miami offer. One from Miamisburg and another from Hamilton Badin. If they want to stay close to home can’t do much better than Oxford.

1 Like

Pace come home!

1 Like

One of the parts of the transfer portal rules is that you can transfer one time without having to sit out a year. So if you transfer again I believe you have to sit out for a year, just like it used to be any time you transferred.

2 Likes

Dick -noted - interesting - can someone confirm this?

Dick is correct

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Transfer/OneTime_Transfer.pdf

1 Like

Some also had other big school offers.