Transfer G Bryce Bultman (Miami Commit)

6-5 Bryce Bultman from Nashville Illinois who played his college career at DII McKendree University has transferred to Miami

As a Senior, Bultman was named Great Lakes Valley Conference First Team, National Association of Basketball Coaches All-District First Team, D2CCA All-Midwest.

Started all 33 games last season averaging 16.4 ppg shooting 47% from the Field and 38% from 3

2 Likes

Looks like a nice find. Like has one year of eligibility?

played 4 years at D2. This would be his 5th year. I think he could have 2 years (Covid) perhaps?

1 Like

I have high belief in these top level D2 transfers as I think a lot of them were overlooked. Sort of like JUCO’s in a way.

1 Like

CAREER HIGHS
Points - 45 at Lindenwood (2/20/21)
Rebounds - 17 vs. Westminster (MO) (11/19/19)
Assists - 10 (2x) last vs. Culver-Stockton (11/18/22)
Steals - 4 (4x) last vs. Illinois-Springfield (1/22/22)
Blocks - 2 (4x) last vs. Lewis (3/3/22)

Didn’t Fairliegh Dickenson have a couple D2 guys this year during their NCAA appearance?

1 Like

They did! So too did St. Peter’s. It’s a smart play if you can scout and develop talent. Our staff can. We will be better for it.

1 Like

I like it as well. And, the nice thing about Hunter and Bultman coming in with only one year of eligibility is that it leaves us 3 scholarships for the next high school recruiting class, where this staff has really thrived with recruiting.

3 Likes

Interesting…Bultman and Hunter played each other last season.

3 Likes

These two guys sound like they would be detectives on a crime show.

I think more like rifle makers. “That’s a nice Bultman and Hunter you got there. Is that 12 gauge and how’s the action on it?”

2 Likes

I am guessing the 13 rebounds, 6 assists and 14 points that Bultman had against NIU must have caught Steele’s attention when reviewing film.

3 Likes

Yes! For some reason in my mind’s eye, everything is spoken real tinny and repeated. Ie: “Now wait a while wait a while. How’s the action on it? What’s that? it’s a real sure shot you say? Oh that’s rich, that’s rich!”

I pulled up some of his advanced stats. He’s a really, really good passer (shows in the tape the team uploaded), he turns it over a bit much, he rebounds really well, and he’s a surprisingly good shot blocker. Colored numbers are the percentile he’s in for his position against the rest of D2. Also, he gets a lot of points in the paint.

Edit: more comprehensive view

2 Likes

Jive - is this info from a public site? I like looking up stuff like this?

1 Like

It’s from this site: https://cbbanalytics.com/

I usually pay the $100 for 3 months during the season then pause it during the offseason

2 Likes

I do the same thing at the track with the pony predictor index (ppi) but alas, unlike you, I trust my gut more than I should and end up ignoring the index, and many times get a subscription to Glue Magazine! The pub is third rate, but the horse on horse action is tastefully shot!