THE STREAK HAS ENDED

Wow. Yeah, exactly our thoughts. We were seated directly behind Charlie’s family. Kudos to the medical personnel who helped immediately, by all accounts saved his life. The WMU crowd was incredibly supportive and seemingly everyone we walked past on our way out had encouraging words for us (even though Miami came back from a large halftime deficit to upset the top seeded Broncos).

1 Like

Does Kamikaze Airlines have a checked bag fee or mileage program?

Andy, hope to see you in January at basketball games like usual. You have been an inspiration to me.

2 Likes

I think that game had to be earlier than 1998, right? Wally’s senior year was 98-99.

It was Wally’s junior season, when he broke his wrist and missed about half of the MAC games. Due to other injuries and transfers who were in their “sit” year, the team had a walk-on and a baseball player get significant minutes. Miami was healthier come tournament time and made the MAC championship.

I think this was the only year when the MAC had 2 teams in the NCAA Tournament where one of them wasn’t Miami. WMU got an at-large.

2 Likes

Man, don’t know why I thought that was earlier but of course you’re correct. Was thinking it was pre-Wally or very early Wally.

2 Likes

This is the sign of a good coach. Walk ons can get in and the team can still compete.

2 Likes

But the Miami-UC streak lives on!

Stef mentions the 1995 game. I hope he sees this!!

3 Likes

Gotta love the “Ty-break,” and that’s Steve on the call is it not?

2 Likes

Tom O. Hawk!

Boy that clip is fun to watch!

1 Like

you’ve got corrective glasses for that?

PS a bit blurry, but yeah some tough running on the INT as well.

I met Andy when he attended the Miami game at Washington in 1984 when I was the Alumni Chapter coordinator. Last ran into him at a hotel bar at the Lending Tree Bowl in Mobile in 2020.

1 Like

HI Andy, wanted to reach out, I remember our first meeting at the Miami Men’s club in Cincinnati 1979, the streak was impressive then, sorry it had to come to an end. You should be inducted into the HOF.

I don’t get to Oxford much anymore, we live in Charlotte, but since my daughter carried on the family tradition and is a Miami Grad, we did go a few times when she was there.

I am now focused on providing scholarships to the families of fallen or disabled military and first responders through Folds of Honor. Several of them attend Miami and I added a recent grad to my board two years ago.

Love and Honor.

3 Likes

I didn’t film it. That film is actually from a compilation Miami put out a few years ago.

This has nothing to do with UC, but I love this play!!

2 Likes

Eddie Tillitz was my lab partner in Physics 181 that semester. We had lab the next week, and I was the only one who knew what had happened. (That game rather notably took place at the same time as fraternity recruitment–I couldn’t go beacuse I had to be in the house meeting freshmen. IFC didn’t care that there was a home game.)

3 Likes

Of course, from the archives, just amazing how poor the early upload, conversion of files are…

1 Like

That reaction by Larkin, team is great.