The SPALDINGGETYOURFOOTOFFTHEBOAT Game Thread

Well said.

Haā€¦my thoughts exactly. Not in this HOUSE, Spaldingā€¦ā€œYouā€™ll get nothing (err 56 points) and like it!ā€

Otherwise, good insights R65ā€¦Iā€™ll add 10 TOs to a 2-7 DIII team, one that also was missing their best interior player (RE your other points).

PS 1-10 IUPUI Jags beat ā€œfull strengthā€ Spalding by 20 = perspective.

2 Likes

I try not to read too much into playing D3 opponents. Beat them by 20, beat them by 40, it doesnā€™t really matter unless you lose or itā€™s close. Even though these games count, I feel a lot of coaches use them more as exhibitions to get guys some reps. This is especially problematic when your last OOC game is a D3 opponent. Weā€™re headed into conference play coming off a bad home loss and a 24-point win against a non-D1 opponent. I hope they can flip a switch, but Iā€™m not counting on it.

1 Like

Well, at least we get to open conference play against
checks notes
oh no

1 Like

Heā€™s Bruce Dickinson!

Exactly

Agreedā€¦that said I think when your top two players do not perform and the ā€œlookā€ at your remaining bench plays a really bad DIII even (not a good one, a 2-7 one that played one bad DI team before you), the reaction is simply, meh.

MAC start should reveal some final things about this team, real quickā€¦tough challenge on the road, then home vs the ā€œbottomā€ of the MAC.

Should all now be played in front of 500 hundred, knapping fans.

The Caddyshack blu-ray plays on a continuous loop in the den. Come on, Bash, be the ball already, and get out of the lumber yard.

Whatā€™s wrong with the lumber yard? I own 2 of them.

As time expired Spaulding Coach, ā€œDouble-turds!ā€

2 Likes

Jack O: I thought youā€™d be the man {Miami would be} to beat this year.

After five game losing streakā€¦

Jack O: I guess youā€™ll just (weā€™ll) have to keep beating yourself.