The SPALDINGGETYOURFOOTOFFTHEBOAT Game Thread

2pm tip vs the Golden Eagles

17-3 at the under 12. Dominating play inside but still continuing to chuck up threes.

Fun fact we havent won a division 1 game since our back to back non D1 opponents in November

1 Like

Miami up 46-23 at the half. I’m not particularly impressed with the way Miami is playing so far.

Coleman-Lands 4-4 (all 3s).

Playing down to the competition perhaps? Also looks like it’s only friends and family there.

1 Like

Totally understandable. After all, it’s easy to grin when your ship has come in and you’ve got the stock market beat. But the man who’s worthwhile is the man who can smile when his pants are too tight in the seat. Pooky, do the honors.

2 Likes

It should not be this close.

1 Like

Does anyone know what this means?

3 Likes

80-56 Final. Ho-hum. 11 games and I still have no idea what to make of this team.

Judge Smails said it.

1 Like

Games like this do not really help the Miami team get better; in fact, it may help contribute to a false sense of security that the team is better than it really is…but conference play begins soon and we’ll see if this team can win at least 12 of its 18 conference contests…anything better would be a plus; anything less a negative.

4 Likes

Thanks, I thought it might have been a YellowNumber5 original. I guess it’s been awhile since I’ve seen Caddyshack.

1 Like

Didn’t watch the game, but things I noticed from the box:

·Brown and Grant were 5-19 from the field (0-9 from 3).
·As a team we shot 32% from behind arc.
·We only out-scored a D3 team by 1 in the 2nd half.
·We only forced 9 turnovers.
·In three games against D3 opponents, our 6’11 center had 5 total points. He’ll be a non-factor in conference play.

20 conference games this year. No divisions. Play everybody twice except Ball St and Kent St.

I christen thee, the Flying Wasp!

1 Like

Bash. I’m going to demand (demand) you watch Caddy Shack immediately.

Thank goodness! I thought I had entered an alternate universe where on a thread featuring Spaulding in the title no one remembered CaddyShack.

I’m an old man. I don’t have time for this foolishness.

3 Likes

Take that Spalding!

1 Like